50 HR service and a few observations

/ 50 HR service and a few observations #1  

CJONE

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK50 HST
Just completed my 50 hour service. I was going to save the oil for use in my woodsplitter and other misc stuff but after draining it I got my mind changed. The stuff is nasty. Very very dark almost black in a white bucket. Would need to be filtered to 3 mic or so to get most of the coloration out, not worth it for 10 gallons of oil. Lots of metal machining debris in the bottom drain, curly cues if you will from drilling. Drain plugs everywhere else were very clean. Filters were mostly clean just alot of metal coloration from break in. As far as skid plates, the tractor really needs them IMHO. In the front almost the whole bottom of the radiator is exposed!! I am going to extend the front guard back to protect the hoses and bottoms of the side panels. Already hit the bottom of a panel with a chunk of firewood that rolled back when dumping onto my pile. Minor scuff but it still dislodged the panel. I will put a piece of plate across the pipes covering the whole front of the tractor back to the axle pivot. The back will be open to allow flushing of dirt out. The main plate for the bottom will be figured out shortly. CJ

/ 50 HR service and a few observations #2  
Question: How did you add the new hydro fluid? Pour it? Pump it?

/ 50 HR service and a few observations
Question: How did you add the new hydro fluid? Pour it? Pump it?

I ended up doing this at 10:00 at night so I was too lazy to drive to my shop and get my filtered transfer pump. [25 mile round trip] So this one got poured in. The filters got clean oil from a jug and you can get actually quite a bit of oil in the HST filter before loosing any when you put it on. CJ