$500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I'm advertising my 2004 Ford Ranger for $800 and am going to let my bad attitude show on Craigslist again. The above is going to posted right in the ad. I'll talk to somebody who really is interested, but for the inevitable "will you take $200" the price will go up accordingly. It does need a little work but is a good truck for what I'm asking. Before I give it away I'll fix and run it myself.

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #2  
Good luck...........:D

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #3  
I tried the tough talk in clasified ads. It scares away the good, bad and stupid alike. My God, there is no shortage of stupid people.

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers
I tried the tough talk in clasified ads. It scares away the good, bad and stupid alike. My God, there is no shortage of stupid people.
As I already said; I'll keep it before I'll deal with some lowballer. I already know that I can get half of my asking price selling it for junk, and won't even need to touch it so...

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #5  
I just see that as part of the game. It's when people don't have a clue about what they are responding to that gets me. Tried selling an expensive Control Circuit board (ONLY) for an Onan generator. Person asks if it has Wheels? You can't make this up. Told him wheels cost extra! lol As it turns out, found the perfect buyer, whos Onan generator circuit board had been destroyed by mice!

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #6  
I just sold my backhoe and the first line in the add was “unless you have the money to bring me X out now. One of my friends saw the add and said I sounded like a jerk and I told him maybe so but he fell in the category that didn’t have the money. It must’ve worked. I only got about 5 messages on it and 1 of them bought it. One screwball offered me 37,800 for the backhoe AND my mini excavator thar was visible in one of the add pictures.

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #7  
Unless you are really selling something "special" I think most sales people just have to develope a thick skin, for their own good and profit.

I remember a friend who worked in a Radio Shack in the 80s. Certain groups of people would just pass the Saturday with their families looking at stuff. They asked if they could look at such and such. He asked if they were going to buy it. They said no, we just want to look at it. He said NO! You can't look at it. I sympathize. I would never be able to repackage most of that stuff like from factory.

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers
For $800 I don't have a lot of time to waste on lowballers. That's just the way that I am. I'm the same way when I'm buying, give me the price or sell to somebody else. I never learned to speak "salesmanese" and am too old to start now.
I really don't care if I sound like a jerk, IMO I'm just acting the same as people who try to lowball or simply don't have the money to buy what I'm selling.

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #9  
I have said it before. It's kind of the Elephant in the room on this site. An $800.00 sale would matter to me. And something, where I would give a little patience to make the sale.

/ $500 surcharge for tire kickers and lowballers #10  
I would either add 15%-20% to be talked down so the buyer thinks they're getting a deal OR...just make sure you put the words "FIRM" and or "no negotiating" in the ad...