5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement.

/ 5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement. #1  

Bayfisher

Bronze Member
Tractor
Zetor 5211
the #3 cyl head bushing/cup is allowing what looks like carbon and fuel to leak where the cup is mounted
in the head, the service manual does not show how to remove/clean and install a new cup, very few Zetor's
here in south ms so doubt a machine shop has any exp with replacing a cup.

anyone have any exp/knowledge with proper procedures on this ?

20210930_170533.jpg

20210930_170718.jpg

/ 5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement. #2  
If it's like a powerstroke you will need someone to machine an installation tool to support the bottom inside of the cup as well as the top outer portion to prevent collapsing the cup.

Are you sure it's the cup? If the cup failed I'd think it would be leaking coolant. I'd check the copper washer at the base of the injector or the body of the injector for a leak first.

/ 5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement.
as far as i know its not water cooled, gona try and fab a coned attachment to pull it out with.

/ 5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement. #4  
Looking at your picture more closely, it looks almost like permatex no.1 is leaking out. Have you removed the injector yet? It may not be the cup at all.

steve it was leaking from the cup to injector, i pulled the injector and cleaned it all up.
yesterday i got a copy of the process to replace the cup, which is water cooled btw, so my post above was incorrect on the coolant, surprised my local hardware store had in-stock a 3/4" npt tap, procedure starts at 8.

IMG_20211015_150316_01.jpg

/ 5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement. #6  
Great! That does not sound bad at all.

Who did you get a sleeve from? Did Brent at Ridgeway have some?

yep on ridgeway, good folks over there.

no i haven't, only calls.

/ 5211 injector holder bushing/cup replacement. #10  
If you are ever in the north central Arkansas area you need to stop by and say hi and get a hat or tee shirt! I've been there a 4 or 5 time to pick up large parts. He has a zetor salvage yard on site too .

Anyway, get that cup done yet?!🤣