5835 first regen

/ 5835 first regen
Well I got the dreaded regen light again, "77 hrs". I opened the hood, ran the regen and success! No fail. Bad news that was only 17 hrs from the last regen. So far all of my work is dirt work at or around idle. I guess its expected.

/ 5835 first regen #22  
Yep, if you only idle it that's going to happen. At least you have the ability to regen, unlike earlier models.

/ 5835 first regen #23  
Not a Branson, but I average 50.9 hours across 11 regens on my tractor. The most recent was at 19 hours with a lot of low RPM work digging post holes for a fence replacement.

/ 5835 first regen #24  
Well I got the dreaded regen light again, "77 hrs". I opened the hood, ran the regen and success! No fail. Bad news that was only 17 hrs from the last regen. So far all of my work is dirt work at or around idle. I guess its expected.
I have a 3520H and I've never regened and I'm somewhere around 200 hours. It makes sense that the ambient air temp has some to do with the soot accumulation. Sobeit, not to be nosey but whereabouts are you located? Thanks.

/ 5835 first regen #25  
I have a 3520H and I've never regened and I'm somewhere around 200 hours. It makes sense that the ambient air temp has some to do with the soot accumulation. Sobeit, not to be nosey but whereabouts are you located? Thanks.
Only the 2021 models have a DPF with the regens every so often.

The older models used a DOC, which is technically regenning all the time once it gets to the proper temp. That's why it's more important on this system to keep RPMs high and preferably some sort of steady load on the engine.

The DPF is a bit more forgiving to work at lower RPMs because it has the ability to force the regen whenever it gets plugged, with a press of a button once the light on the dash says so. The DOC would simply get plugged and either the operator catches it in time and go for a drive on the highest gear to clear things up or he will end up with a clogged DOC that will need to be taken apart for a deep cleaning.

Last edited:
   / 5835 first regen
South West Missouri.