Chipper 6" PTO Wood Chipper

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #1  

L3130

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
6\" PTO Wood Chipper

Are there any good 6' PTO wood chipper out there that won't cost me a fortune. I have a Kubota L3130 tractor, But if you there is a non PTO wood chipper out there that you could reccomend I would appreciate it.

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #2  
Re: 6\" PTO Wood Chipper

This has been discussed extensively and is why TBN has a search function. Give it a try and resurrect one of those old threads. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #3  

Look at Woods 5000 and nearly identical Bearcat 7?554. Works well with the L3130 but the blower attachment is really necessary for efficient use.

Vernon

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #4  

Check out the Jinma 6" chipper too. Good price and runs well behind my L3130. As advised, try a search. There are a number of old threads with useful information on them.

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper

Any problems with the Jinma 6" chipper? Is it self feeding? I will be chipping 5" or less in diamter trees.

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #6  

I have one...I like it ,,,it is great for occasional usage..wasn't too expensive...I paid about 1200 bucks.

Do a search for Jinma chipper or chinese chipper and read, read, read.

I'm in southern NH, yer welcome to come see one work this spring...heck I'll even let you be an active participant!
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #7  

For quality and price I think the Wallenstein WLBX60 is the best on the market. My neighbor has one, it's not power feed but doesn't need to be. The feed chute is on about a 45 degree up angle and just setting a sick in it allows for a gravity feed. It will handle a 6" stick just fine and for under 3K and made in Canada you can't beat it.

David

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #8  

I"d also recommend the Wallenstein BX60. I purchased a slightly used one along with my new 'Bota BX23.

I had been considering the Jinma, but I saw one and it's not built as solid as the Wallenstein. The BX60 is also mechanically very simple. There's almost nothing to go wrong. It's just a direct drive flywheel and knives, with lot's of heavy weight sheet metal housing. I can confirm the gravity feed works real well, even with real brushy stuff.

I had been concerned that the BX23 wouldn't have enough oomph to drive the BX60, but so far the only thing that balked was a ~6" very dense root burl

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper #9  

Might want to check out Befco. I have had one for 3-4 years and it has been good so far.

Bushmaster

/ 6" PTO Wood Chipper

Don't want to spend 3-4 grand on a chipper though so I thought Jinma chipper would be a good choice?