7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060
Thank you, everyone. After reading your comments, I did some other research and it sounds like this 7' ROBB is just too large for my tractor, so I'll abandon that idea and go back to the idea of a 6' regular box blade with a hydraulic top link.

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #12  
The 7' width isn't too much for your tractor. If it won't hook up to the three point, that may be a problem. I run 7' hd bb on my mx5200 and I believe that tractor data lists our tractors as the same weight, or yours slightly heavier. With tire weight and a loader, that would be a great width to run on your tractor.

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060
The 7' width isn't too much for your tractor. If it won't hook up to the three point, that may be a problem. I run 7' hd bb on my mx5200 and I believe that tractor data lists our tractors as the same weight, or yours slightly heavier. With tire weight and a loader, that would be a great width to run on your tractor.
I see that your tractor and mine are similar in weight, but you have 12 more hp. Doesn't that make a pretty significant difference in being able to pull that attachment?

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #15  
I have a Bush Hog 720 ROBB. Weighs around 730#. If I take too deep a cut - I'll all four wheels digging on my M6040. It's all in the skill of use.

I have a Bush Hog (brand) model RO-600 60" Rollover Box Blade weighing 630 pounds. My tractor weighs 3,700 pounds bare weight with 37 gross/35 net engine horsepower. My soil is Florida sandy loam.

The RO-600 is all the Box Blade my Grand L can manage in HST+ LOW/LOW, full throttle with a full box. I need to engage the differential lock sometimes to initiate a pull with a full box.

Traction is not the problem. Lack of motive power is the issue.

The Lower Links and rigid, pinned stabilizers factory standard on my Grand L are really beefy. I push dirt with the RO-600 quite often. This capability is very handy. (Photo #3)

I have had my RO-600 for seven years.

Box Blades have a fairly long learning curve for the operator.

I use the RO-600 as my primary counterbalance for all but max FEL lifts. I have air inflated rear tires.

Attachments

• DSC00072.jpg
    DSC00072.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 500
  • DSC00021.jpg
    DSC00021.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 161

Attachments

• DSC00177.jpg
    DSC00177.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 397
  • DSC00178.jpg
    DSC00178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 488

Last edited:
   / 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #16  
I see that your tractor and mine are similar in weight, but you have 12 more hp. Doesn't that make a pretty significant difference in being able to pull that attachment?
Not terribly so. The weight is the big factor. I can spin my tires all day long. That is horsepower that I cannot apply to a ground engagement implement if I don't have the weight needed. Where that comes in handy is when I'm bush hogging. I can bush hog better than you, but not necessarily run a bigger bb than you. If I'd gotten a 6' bb i couldn't cover my tracks. I'm very happy with my 7'bb.

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #17  
I pretty much run max on most of my implements. With "bigger" you tend to make fewer passes, which can make up for having to go slower (with box blades you're going to be running slower). If anything other than loose soils/materials one would want a heavier blade to help keep the cutting edge engaged and to reduce bouncing. Wider also makes it easier to contour larger areas. I've had the 7' box blade (1,200 lbs) on my Kioti (55hp and about 5,500 lbs) curling sod over the scarifier bar (scarifiers are great for anchoring tractors!) and the tractor grunting away as though I was running in a tractor-pull event:whistle: Once you start bogging down you reach for the hydraulic top-link lever (everyone has one, right;)) and adjust the attack angle of the rear cutter blade. All bets are off if you're operating in mud (which you shouldn't do).

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #18  
I pretty much run max on most of my implements. With "bigger" you tend to make fewer passes, which can make up for having to go slower (with box blades you're going to be running slower). If anything other than loose soils/materials one would want a heavier blade to help keep the cutting edge engaged and to reduce bouncing. Wider also makes it easier to contour larger areas. I've had the 7' box blade (1,200 lbs) on my Kioti (55hp and about 5,500 lbs) curling sod over the scarifier bar (scarifiers are great for anchoring tractors!) and the tractor grunting away as though I was running in a tractor-pull event:whistle: Once you start bogging down you reach for the hydraulic top-link lever (everyone has one, right;)) and adjust the attack angle of the rear cutter blade. All bets are off if you're operating in mud (which you shouldn't do).
Diesel, what model kioti are you running? I bought a DK5510 in 2019 from a guy who couldn’t keep payments up.

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #19  
Diesel, what model kioti are you running? I bought a DK5510 in 2019 from a guy who couldn’t keep payments up.
Per sig: NX5510. I am not sure of the differences in models, but I'd expect the DK to me almost identical, sans some extra creature comforts and bells and whistles the NX has.

/ 7' Gannon roll over box blade & Kubota L4060 #20  
I have a 74" old Gannon for my L4060 & its heavy but works well. I wouldn't want to go any bigger. Even if you had the HP, you won't have the traction. The 5' LPGS will put as much of a burn on the machine as the box blade if it loads up. I'm in Colorado, so down 15-20% on power due to lack of oxygen. R4 tires which have better utility, but not as much raw traction as R1s.

20190707_121241.jpg
View attachment 706940