7360 SS won't turn over ignition problem

/ 7360 SS won't turn over ignition problem #1  

tigermaple

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360SS
1970 Cub Cadet 7360 SS 4 cyl diesel shuttle shift, wont turn over; battery is good, lights work, connections are good, problem appears to be with the 2 neutral switches (reverse/forward and high/low) or the ignition switch itself, where do I begin to isolate the problem, can I go directly to the starter itself and by pass the ignition? Can I jumper out those switches?
Tractor has served me well from -25 to 95 degrees with no problems of any kind but can't be started if both shift levers are not in the neutral positions so I'm thinking that's the problem. No one to call around here for help (the Adirondacks).

Thank you in advance
Michael

/ 7360 SS won't turn over ignition problem #2  
I'm not sure if this .png is "zoomable". My original is .pdf, but I only know how to make a copy of the whole manual, which is a rather large file.

7360Scheme.PNG

/ 7360 SS won't turn over ignition problem
Thank you but can't quite make it out, enlarging it magnifies the blur.

/ 7360 SS won't turn over ignition problem #4  
I'll try the WHOLE manual....

Attachments

• Cub 7260 Service Manual 772-4207.pdf
    9.2 MB · Views: 229
Got it thank you, not sure what I'm doing or looking at but I'm taking the day off tomorrow to try and figure it out, if no success having the machine picked up Wednesday and hauled off to one of those outdoor equipment companies who sell and service everything, last time that happened 4 years ago they had it for 45 days and charged me $1200 just to change all of the filters and fluids.

5/15/18
Found the problem; neutral safety switch for the high/low range lever (there's also one for the forward/reverse lever), the wire had partially pulled out of the crimped male connector (which wasn't easy to access) so I just bypassed the switch elimination one less thing to go wrong in the future.

/ 7360 SS won't turn over ignition problem #7  
Awesome!