8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #1  

jcwren

Tractor
Kubota L4701HST, John Deere 26G
I've been trying to find a narrow bucket for the 26G to lay in some 4" perforated pipe and conduit. I've found a couple, but they're not JD quick connect compatible. I don't mind having to buy an adapter to go from a quick connect to a pinned bucket (or whatever JD calls a bucket without a quick connect), if that'll make it fit.

Rhinox makes buckets to "fit all makes and models of machines", although their list doesn't include John Deere. BXPanded makes a pinned bucket for the JD 260, 260B, 270A, 270B, 370B backhoes, but obviously the pin pattern is wrong, and it would need an adapter.

I've probably spent 5 or 6 hours Googling this stuff. Maybe I'm missing the magic word, or I don't know enough about the compatibility of the 26G's quick connect system. I will say the JD literature on the topic appears to be non-existent. I've also seen the 110 TLB mentioned in references to the 26G / 27G / 35G quick connect, along with ZTS. There's a 9" ZTS bucket (if they're still available), but it's for the 17C. Not sure if that means it won't fit, or anything larger will rip it apart.

Anyone have any suggestions, recommendations, or knowledge of narrow trenching buckets for these machines?

Thanks!

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #2  
The 12” bucket on my KX was junk. It would plug after the second scoop and then since I’m not getting off to clean it out you just use it as a ripper the rest of the job. I’d rent a trencher if you want a narrow ditch.

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #3  
I have the same problem with my narrowest bucket (8 inch) clogging what I have seen my neighbour's use and plan to get one myself is a spade attachment kind of a bucket without sides in clay or sticky soils it works much better

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #4  
I saw a brilliant poster here who added a chain to lay in his bucket while in dig position, and pull the clay out when extended to dump position. Attached to teeth and dipperstick.

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #5  
Rhinox has "micro" trenching buckets.

They say they can be made for all makes/models of excavators from .75t - 3t machines

So I assume they have a master pattern of excavators to fit whatever machine or coupler or pin size/spacing you have. You may just have to call/email them. Cause a deere 26g is a pretty common machine.

I dont think they plug as bad as a standard type 9" or 12" bucket, due to their profile.

But how deep are you going? If less than 2', a trencher is gonna be alot cleaner and faster and less disruptive. ANd the whole area will "heal" faster

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #6  
Depending on soil and moisture narrow buckets can make you crazy. I have an 18" and am very selective about using it (has to be bone dry in our clay). I do more with the 24" back filling doesn't seem that much harder.

Best,

ed

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #7  
narrow buckets are a pain, depending on depth I built a sort of duck bill bucket for my E32, it will dig a 5 inch trench deepest to date was 3 feet though it could go deeper the trick is have little to no sides and not dig so aggressively you pack the clay into the bucket

the trencher on the skidsteer does a nice job but I have lots of boulders and it does stall out many times on long trenches

here is the bucket I built for the E32

Attachments

• DSC_0456_resized_20220217_083722717.JPG
    DSC_0456_resized_20220217_083722717.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0492_resized_20220217_083722395.JPG
    DSC_0492_resized_20220217_083722395.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0493_resized_20220217_083722867.JPG
    DSC_0493_resized_20220217_083722867.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0450_resized_20220217_083722545.JPG
    DSC_0450_resized_20220217_083722545.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
   / 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #8  
Rhinox has "micro" trenching buckets.

They say they can be made for all makes/models of excavators from .75t - 3t machines

So I assume they have a master pattern of excavators to fit whatever machine or coupler or pin size/spacing you have. You may just have to call/email them. Cause a deere 26g is a pretty common machine.

I dont think they plug as bad as a standard type 9" or 12" bucket, due to their profile.

But how deep are you going? If less than 2', a trencher is gonna be alot cleaner and faster and less disruptive. ANd the whole area will "heal" faster

The trencher would win at any depth but even more so at 2-3 ft. The deeper you go with the excavator the worse the bucket plugs and the excavator boom pins will be a problem at that depth with such a narrow bucket.

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #9  
the one I welded up the bottom is 5 inch the top same as the machine width. the picture is on the older machine the grapple is defiantly wider, never put on on the e32 so no issues, with such a taper on width plus length it does not clog unless one totally fills the bucket and compresses it, dug all my irrigation lines for the yard, power and gas to my shop and a few larger 4 inch polly pipe I can push wires, coax and 1 inch water when needed to specific locations around the acreage

trencher would be faster problem I have the ground under the topsoil of 6 to 8 inches is gravel and large boulders, the trencher would stall out and we either move direction or dig the boulder out, the backhoe works way better, in these conditions

/ 8" or 6" Trenching Bucket For JD 26G #10  
What is the thickness of the steel you used? Did you end up putting a tooth on it?