855 Hydraulic Hose Help

/ 855 Hydraulic Hose Help #1  

DrJay

Tractor
John Deere 855
My wife and I recently bought a property, and part of the deal included a John Deere 855. The hydraulic hoses running from the loader hang down low enough to rub the left front tire when I'm turning. Somehow, I get the feeling this should not be. I'm no engineer, but it also makes me nervous that the exhaust is on the same side as the hoses. What's the best way to keep these hoses safe and out of the way of the tire and exhaust pipe while allowing them enough freedom to move with the lifting arms?

/ 855 Hydraulic Hose Help #2  
A pic or two of the problem you describe would help a lot.

Welcome to TBN.

/ 855 Hydraulic Hose Help #3  
For those kind of hose problems HD tie wraps are your friend.
Use black or dark grey ones as they withstand UV damage.
The white ones won't even last a season.

As to heat from exhaust, you could wrap some heat deflecting material on the exposed area.
My personal choice is strips of old fire hose, but then I have some in my hoard.

/ 855 Hydraulic Hose Help
Life got busy, so it's taken me a few days to get back.
Suggestions?
IMG_20210513_175234635.jpg

/ 855 Hydraulic Hose Help #5  
Those are replacement hoses. Somebody added some extra length. Mine are all wrapped in a nylon sleeve to keep them secure. Try some pantyhose wrapped around then and with a hanging strap to keep then away from the exhaust. I'd also cut that pipe and add a downward elbow. Otherwise, the hoses will be carbonized and crack, eventually leaking.

/ 855 Hydraulic Hose Help #6  
On my 755 there is a wire hook that holds the hoses back against the frame to avoid rubbing. I believe 15B in the attached pictures is the wire.

It looks different from what is on mine, but I assume there are a lot of variants out there.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-05-14 11-42-20.png
    Screenshot from 2021-05-14 11-42-20.png
    135.2 KB · Views: 67
   / 855 Hydraulic Hose Help #7  
Agree that the hoses need to be wrapped and positioned (tied) up along the upright. Similar to this pic.. as that upright post to left of pic doesn't move.

Attachments

• 855_FEL_hoses.jpg
    855_FEL_hoses.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 96
   / 855 Hydraulic Hose Help
Thanks so much for the great, helpful advice and photos!