914A mower - what will it fit?

/ 914A mower - what will it fit? #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
I have a New Holland 914A 60" mower that I got with my TC25 when I bought it.
I've never used it and want to sell it.

I put it up on CL and I got a call from someone interested in it but they
have a Ford 1210 and not sure it will fit.

Mower needs work to get in an operable condition and the potential buyer knows this.

Are the gearbox and driveshaft worth anything? Meaning should I consider just parting it out
and junk the mower deck itself.

Does anyone know if this mower can be used on the Ford 1210?

914a tag.jpg 914a_1.jpg

/ 914A mower - what will it fit? #2  
I have a 914A mower on a TC18 if that helps any. I am not sure but I think it will fit a lot of tractors but you will have to get the right frame mounts for the tractor you want to use it on. He also will have to get different pins where the three point arms mount to the rear end housing. ( Longer) .

/ 914A mower - what will it fit? #3  
There have been at least 3 versions of the 914A. Not sure why they didn't change the model number, but you have to look at the serial number and the dates of manufacture. Several things changed on them including some of the mounting locations.

/ 914A mower - what will it fit?
Thanks both of you for your replies and input. I did not know there were multiple versions of that mower.
Well the serial number and model number are in the photo. Didn't see anything that looked like a date anywhere.

Maybe the only place to find out is at a dealer, don't have one very close by.
Its about 25 miles away in a direction I don't have much reason to go.

I figured it would need different mounting brackets or whatever you wish to call them.

Sounds like it might only fit New Holland tractors roughly the same size as mine, but
I'll try the dealer and see what he might have to say about it.

/ 914A mower - what will it fit? #5  
The dealer can help pinpoint the date range based on serial number. I believe it is something from whenever to - 3/98 or 99 and the from there up to 2002 and then forward for as long as they made it. You might check Messick's website, they have most of the parts online and Neil is a good guy to work with there at Messicks.

/ 914A mower - what will it fit?
I was not able to find a buyer for this mower even after dropping the price to $50 on CL, so yesterday I took it to the scrap yard and sold it for 10-1/2 cents/pound, got $35.70 for it which is better than nothing. It wasn't doing me any good sitting in the yard in my way.

20140621_045729-1.jpg