97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air #1  

Evan03

Bronze Member
Tractor
Case 580, bobcat 763
Will the bobcat 225 run a 30air.
It runs my hobart 180 well. Trying to do alittle research before i buy. I have 220 in my shop but want the plaz portable.

Thanks for any advice.

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air #2  
My 225 bobcat was made in 05 or so. I run my hypertherm powermax 600 on it a lot. It pulls everything the bobcat has but it's never tripped a breaker.

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air
You running a tank with hypotherm 600?

Thanks for the response . Started to think i was the only with a ****** bobcat on the forumn.

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air #4  
I Googled the machine, says it draws about 3,500 watts.

Specs for engine drive use says recommended 5,500 watts to get max output.

Most people probably read your post and hit the back button because the info is so easy to find :D

I haven't used a plasma on my bobcat yet, I like torches ;)

Screenshot_2018-03-01-05-59-02.png

Yeah probly.
I have torch bottles i picked up cheap a lot of years ago. I cut everything with 6" suicide wheels on 5" grinders. Ive not ever had need to justify a 300-500 investment in torch set up.
Though i do love running the plaz at the shop it does so much.. i have used the shop torch to bend stuff. Hmmm

Thanks for the reply. I figured it was a dumb question or the bobcats so ****** only you and i have one. ;)

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air #6  
Yeah probly.
I have torch bottles i picked up cheap a lot of years ago. I cut everything with 6" suicide wheels on 5" grinders. Ive not ever had need to justify a 300-500 investment in torch set up.
Though i do love running the plaz at the shop it does so much.. i have used the shop torch to bend stuff. Hmmm

Thanks for the reply. I figured it was a dumb question or the bobcats so ****** only you and i have one. ;)

Yeah, there is no love shown for bobcats - lol
I had a sweet welding '69 sa-200 that I sold.
The bobcats "pretty good" arc is plenty good for repair work and the generator wattage is more appropriate for my use.
The CV output doesn't hurt my feelings either ;)

I was talking to my local welding store owner (high school classmate) and he said he doesn't understand that hatred people show online.
Said he sells a pile of them.

I really like plasma in the shop for cutting - but repair work often involves heating and hammering - so I like a torch too.

I'll eventually buy a trailblazer though - the 3 phase AC rectified to DC arc is pretty close to the pure DC output of the sa-200 I sold.

I think its an internet problem more than a bobcat problem.

Im still tweaking my bobcat but ive been impressed with weld quality so far. I have the fine adjust rehostat on and have been able to get very nice welds out of 3/32 and 1/8 rod

I havent done much bead practice since highschool and before cert testing the few times i got certs. This bobcat is fun run. I love draging 7018 and watching the puddle.
I noticed something ive not noticed before. Draging the rod actually touching is like turning the head lights out.

I know the big 40 is no sa 200. Im looking ford to someday getting it going. Duane on welding web was a huge help with it.
Do you happen to have a email for him.

I guess its my thread so i can get off topic

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air #8  
My experience is similar - runs 7018 and 6010 just fine.
My 7018 welding has to have a tiny arc gap, or like you said, lights out and I can't see. A little side to side manipulation usually is enough to see as well.
It tig welds and runs my wire feeder good too :)

Unfortunately I don't have his email - I always just message him from the website.

/ 97 bobcat 225 running hypotherm 30air #9  
I run a Hypertherm 30XP and a stand alone compressor off a bobcat 225 all the time at it works fine. I had a helper cutting with the plasma cutter and I was trying to run a grinder and that exceeded the generator limit.

Thanks for reply.
Ehat compressor are you running?