A Couple of Bucks

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
A couple of bucks feeding on some corn I threw out near my gate. I wish they would spar a little more and shed that ten point rack for me to collect.

Bearsixty7

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE. JD LA145.
Wow, You have some of those unbalanced bucks there too! That 10 point is a nice one, not very big though.
I had a spike and a 3pt that were every day visitors. Cameras also captured a 5pt but his antlers had a large spread and he was a big buck and a 7 point also that was big and wide rack.
The big 8pt, possibly 2 of them and the big 10pt only show up at night, smart deer!

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Now that's rut over bachelors club will resume.

3gunr

Platinum Member
Tractor
mahindra 2538 mahindra 2810 cub cadet 7260 massey 255
Couple weeks ago my son had 2 bucks locked up in his back property , He and the neighbor tried for hours to get them unlocked. They finally both fell down into a creek and drowned . Conservation came out and gave my son tags for them and he is having them euro mounted together . He got the whole thing on video.

Bearsixty7

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS MT240HE. JD LA145.
Couple weeks ago my son had 2 bucks locked up in his back property , He and the neighbor tried for hours to get them unlocked. They finally both fell down into a creek and drowned . Conservation came out and gave my son tags for them and he is having them euro mounted together . He got the whole thing on video.

I have seen an example of that very same sequence of events a few years ago. Two bucks locked at the antlers found dead in a creek.

I would have tried to rope one or both, then worse case, saw off an antler or two or use a bolt cutter or something to try and free them. Possibly after they exhausted themselves some.