A kid gets terminated at work...

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #101  
Is can lead to interesting discussions when a friend retires at 52 with 180k city pension and lifetime medical and goes to work for another agency starting at 139k base…

Yep - especially when no private company provides nowhere near the same compensation levels.

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #103  
My government employed friends get really annoyed to see their name and pay published in the newspaper… it’s been a few years so maybe it has changed but online public safety pay info is readily available.

Same when they publish name and address for every concealed carry permit holder except politicians, public safety and court personnel..
They still publish those payroll lists once a year in our local paper.

I recall someone wanting to publish the name and address of all of the concealed carry permit holders here. I don't recall what happened, other than it didn't get published.

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #104  
I'm glad for my varied work experiences at a young age...

What I found is a good attitude and a little initiative goes along way...

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #105  
I'm glad for my varied work experiences at a young age...

What I found is a good attitude and a little initiative goes along way...
It's a scarce combination!

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #106  
I really believed it so… at least here in the city.

It was a pleasant surprise to see teens in a semi rural area working at my brothers Christmas Tree Farm Thanksgiving to Christmas.

All legit with time cards, withholding, etc.

The guys and gals almost without exception are a pleasure to work with…

Some work at the local feed store and happy to pick up extra hours… cold and rain made no difference and tips often lucrative… and don’t underestimate 4H kids!

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #107  
The farther they are away from social media, the better they are at thriving in the real world.

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #108  
Is can lead to interesting discussions when a friend retires at 52 with 180k city pension and lifetime medical and goes to work for another agency starting at 139k base…
now that's being a good american. no offense to your buddy, who wouldn't take it?

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #109  
He was not the brightest but timing was perfect... 12 of my friends went right into Oakland Police right from 2 year Admin of Justice degrees at the community college...

I know often heard is young people have little chance at a well paying job with retirement but know quite a few Registered Nurses and Public Safety in their 20's and doing well... same for plumbers...

/ A kid gets terminated at work... #110  
He was not the brightest but timing was perfect... 12 of my friends went right into Oakland Police right from 2 year Admin of Justice degrees at the community college...

I know often heard is young people have little chance at a well paying job with retirement but know quite a few Registered Nurses and Public Safety in their 20's and doing well... same for plumbers...
Probably half a dozen women my oldest daughter went to grade school and high school with went into nursing. They're all under 30 and doing very well for themselves. However, several said the politics off hospitals is stressful, so they're switching to being traveling nurses (whatever that means). They said they aren't tied to the hospital and can move around a lot. They just do their job and get paid.

One of them became a trauma nurse. She said it's fast paced, and not to be cold, but you don't have time to get attached to the patients, so it's easier to deal with the ones that don't make it. She's now studying to be a nurse practitioner, so she'll have to gain some tools to be less detached from the patients.

All-in-all, pretty much every one of the kids she went to K-12 with are doing well now that they're 28-29 years old.