A new? approach to repairing septic systems

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #1  

texbaylea

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST w/LA723 loader
I just ran across this way of repairing failing septic systems

Septic system repair that is simple and inexpensive

Has anybody encountered this system or know any thing about it? It claims to convert anaerobic systems to aerobic systems. I plan to contact them but will do a lot of research before I commit to such a system

Vernon

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #2  
Interesting...
Basically air injection, not quite sure what ALL happens when O2 get injected into underground sewage. Could be good, could be bad... I guess.

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #3  
Its a good idea idea in theory (adding oxygen). But there is a lot of pseudoscience in that ad.

Surely you can find a pump designed for an aerobic system to add to your tank for less than the $900 that they want.

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #4  
The science behind the product is based on sound research. I cannot vouch for that produced directly and as a rule just increasing the dissolved oxygen (DO) in a septic tank will help help revive the drainfield but there is more to it.
Here is a link to an nationally recognized company and their product which is well designed.
Infiltrator Systems - wastewater, stormwater, septic
In Virginia we have to provide a 90 day money back guarantee if the drainfield is not restored.

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #5  
I've had both aerobic and anaerobic systems in the past, and much prefer the aerobic, but I don't guess I'd heard of these products to change an anaerobic system to aerobic.

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #6  
I have not read the attachment but then I also do not believe in the Easter Bunny.:D :D

Easter may be a time of some significance to some so I do not wish to take the date in vain.:D

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #7  
Shaley,

I like the looks of the product on the link you posted.

I completely agree that adding oxygen will definitely increase the rate of sewage decomposition by bacteria- that part is sound science.

The "pseudoscience" I was referring to are these statements:

"

0When air is mixed with the wastewater at a near vacuum in the Aeroblend device, four things occur:

リThe O2 is dissolved in the effluent in a low pressure environment. Much like sugar dissolves into hot tea faster and easier than cold tea, this method of exposing O2 to the effluent dissolves the O2 into the effluent MUCH more quickly than bubble making devices.

リThe nitrogen in the air separates and bubbles off. Compare to a diver coming up too fast. The nitrogen separates from his blood and bubbles off giving him the bends.

リAt the sudden loss of pressure, the cell walls of the waste in the effluent literally burst open. Imagine a grape thrown into space from the shuttle. It would literally burst open when it hits the vacuum of space.

"

There are scientific principles written abbove, but they are all garbled, and there is no way that the nitrogen gas separates in this device and bubbles off as a result of the "near" vacuum produced via what looks like the venturi effect.

I completely agree that oxygenation works, but I would be suspicious of a product with so many scientific misrepresentations in its ad.

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems #8  
Erik,
My comments weren't addressed at your comments but a response to the original poster in order to help him with his decision. In fact, I didn't read the "pseudoscience" part until you just posted it. Wow, those claims are a crock and the term total BS comes to mind. The Remediator product is about 4k installed. Sounds expensive, but the standard fix designed by Va Dept of Health is an external aerobic unit then a pump tank and a new drainfield, located somewhere on the property. About 12K.

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems
texbaylea said:
I just ran across this way of repairing failing septic systems

Septic system repair that is simple and inexpensive

Has anybody encountered this system or know any thing about it? It claims to convert anaerobic systems to aerobic systems. I plan to contact them but will do a lot of research before I commit to such a system

Vernon

I agree that there is a lot of pseudo science here but did not comment on it to see what kind of responses I would get.

My system is still working OK but I have seen some surface wetness. The wetness appears in an area that is slightly depressed. I will add a little fill, enough to insure good surface drainage. The system was neglected a long time until we started to live here full time. I don't know if that has impacted the health of the system or not. I don't get any odors.

Just thinking ahead. Our county is beginning to get rapacious in their fees and requirements. Must be too many Yankee imports.:confused:

Vernon

/ A new? approach to repairing septic systems
I do appreciate the responses and would like to see them continue. No telling what I might learn.

Thanks
Vernon