A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers.

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
Not sure if this has been posted here, but I have never run across it.

This will allow both flashers to work at the same time like a slow moving vehicle should have on while on a road. The way there set up is like turn signals, only one side on at the time, I guess they use them as turn signals in Japan and have less high speed roads in rural areas so they drive similar to any other vehicle and just signal a turn.

All you need is a small phillips screw driver and less than 5 minutes of time. Just look under the dash, find the bottom of the switch. Undo one side and pull the wire off, run the screw back up into the hole to keep it there if you want to return it to normal. Then undo the other side and attach the other wire to it with the wire that was on that side...which side does not matter except which ever side you choose to attach both wires to is the side that you flip the switch to, to activate the flashers.

Simple

Done :D

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #2  
Good thinking clemsonfor. :thumbsup:

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #3  
I wired mine that way 15 years ago. Both lights flash no matter which way you flip switch. There was considerable discussion about that on the old Yahoo Yanmartractorownersgroup.

Last edited:
   / A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #4  
Just found my original post from that old group. I see rogerscotty and leonardschaeffer on there a lot.
"normde2001Aug 10, 2001
I recently purchased a YM2000B with 522 hours on
it and it appears to be in excellent condition both
mechanically and in appearance. Can anyone tell me the
approximate age and what the "B" stands for?"
link: Yahoo! Groups

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers.
I never tried to flip it the opposite way, so I had no idea both ways will cause them both to flash. Good to know.

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #6  
Put a link of wire between both outputs and they will all flash together no matter which side you flip it.

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #7  
Put a link of wire between both outputs and they will all flash together no matter which side you flip it.

Yep, that's how I did it. Hand signals still work for turn signals:)

Yea I know that would work. But didn't want to put a length of wire in there. I just remember to the left is flashers.

And like Norm said if I want to signal a turn with them on I will just use my hands

/ A Quick easy mod to make your lights flash in unison as flashers. #9  

Take it even one more step. Yes, jump the wire between both outputs. AND, on that wire put a switch. This way, when the new switch is activated and the RT/LT is activated you get 4-ways. With the new switch off, you get left and right turn signals. :thumbsup:

This is the BEST of having BOTH functions.

When snow plowing I really like the 4-ways activated. Going between all of the neighbor driveways to travel, I can use the turn signals getting there. Then flip back to the 4-ways.

Really folks, our tractors have 2-ways. Vehicles have 4-ways, but we get the idea. .... :confused2: blink-blink-blink-blink :confused2:

PS, using this mod would help if one ties in a trailer connector to just the turn-lamp wires for towing. Example being a hay wagon for fun down main street in a parade. Or whatever.

Take it even one more step. Yes, jump the wire between both outputs. AND, on that wire put a switch. This way, when the new switch is activated and the RT/LT is activated you get 4-ways. With the new switch off, you get left and right turn signals. :thumbsup:

This is the BEST of having BOTH functions.

When snow plowing I really like the 4-ways activated. Going between all of the neighbor driveways to travel, I can use the turn signals getting there. Then flip back to the 4-ways.

Really folks, our tractors have 2-ways. Vehicles have 4-ways, but we get the idea. .... :confused2: blink-blink-blink-blink :confused2:

PS, using this mod would help if one ties in a trailer connector to just the turn-lamp wires for towing. Example being a hay wagon for fun down main street in a parade. Or whatever.

I was sitting here trying to figure out what four ways were!! And what that meant on a tractor! Haha