A "run" on .223 Ammo online.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #1  

sweettractors

Advertiser
Tractor
JD 6403 CHA-JD 3130 CHA
Just for the heck of it, I typed in ".223 ammo" in Google search yesterday and the top few online sellers were sold out of most of the .223 ammo. I did not check clips or rifles stock. Ken Sweet

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #3  
Thats because it will be easier to control (and tax) ammo then to restrict gun sales.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #4  
Yeah, the online rush started Saturday, I spent a day searching the internet to find best prices on the reloading stuff I'll need during the winter months, then yesterday I noticed that most places were even running out of bullets and primers, so I went ahead and placed my orders. It ran up to about 20% over what I'd written down two days before.
About 90% of the places that sell "high capacity" magazines are out of stock. Saw one place that was asking $60 for a 30 round AR magazine and the "black rifles" are flying off the shelves, people are paying any price they can to get one.
It's all panic buying, but these people are acting on their fears, not acting sensibly at all. I also heard of one fellow that had been thinking about getting an AR, so he bought two, just because he could get them now and according to him, he probably wouldn't be able to in the near future.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #5  
.223 ammo was getting in short supply, especially for the cheaper plinking ammo, a month ago. Tula/Wolf/etc. was getting hard to find. AR15 mags were readily available two weeks ago, I ordered a few (4) extra at $11 each. But now the panic has wiped everything out.

I'm pretty well stocked up but lately I've mostly been shooting .22s, they are so much more affordable!

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #6  
I don't know, i have seen a run on .223 ammo since november. most of the good deals have been out of stock...now you can't get the reg deals.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #7  
I had noticed that our our local Wal-Mart, prior to last Friday, was already sold out of pretty much all but their higher end .223 ammunition (they carry Tula and another cheap .233, but I can't remember what brand) (this Wal-Mart doesn't sell guns, either). However, they were also out of pretty much all .22 ammunition, 9mm, and .40sw, except for some of the high-end stuff. So I guess there was a run on ammo at our local Wal-Mart prior to all this. I figured it just had to do with Christmas giving more than anything.

They still had some 7.62x39 tula ammo, though.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #8  
I bought a rifle at Cheaper than Dirt on Saturday morning. I went by on Monday and half the semi-auto's were already gone and they were all marked up $200 higher. Pmags were $20 on Saturday and $30 on Monday. All high cap mags at Cabela's were sold out yesterday and the .223 ammo was going fast.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #9  
***** has told America he cannot get the guns banned so he will tax the ammunition. Not a surprise to any one.

/ A "run" on .223 Ammo online. #10  
At this rate, I may have to remove the revolvers from the gun safe to put the ammo and magazines in there!