A steal on steel????????

/ A steal on steel???????? #11  
My opinion "you got one heck of a deal"!
I have been watching for similar deals on that Internet auction site and most are in the $1000 and higher range and are far away from my location.
I buy steel from every garage sale that has it at a fair price. Buying it retail is similar to buying gold from a pawn shop.

/ A steal on steel????????
Eddie I will need to do some modifying but if you go to the link i attached above and scroll down to post #54 you will get the idea.
I seen this crane[link above] and it though i was a great idea. i know mine needs some cleaning and painting maybe my imagination got the better of me this time. I personally though people would die to have a setup like this in there garage. In all that metal there is enough for an overhead crane and a jib crane.In this area i could not have bough one NEW I beam for $300. THIS IS NOT MY GARAGE. 01220003 (Small).jpg

01220013u (Small).jpg

Mohawk024 (Small).jpg

image6 (Small).gif

/ A steal on steel???????? #13  
Are you going to put the trolley system inside the building and the jib hoist outside the building? If you do put one of the hoist outside, I would put it up high so you have plenty of clearance underneath (16-18 ft). My opinion of that fancy garage is that it is all too low(but looks nice). He can probably barely remove an engine out of a vehicle/pickup once the trolley/hoist goes on that I-beam. Just a suggestion.

/ A steal on steel???????? #14  
The Trolley alone would cost much more than $300. Used I-beams here are a steal at $75 for a 4" x 8" x 20'

Ken

/ A steal on steel????????
CATMAN said:
Are you going to put the trolley system inside the building and the jib hoist outside the building? If you do put one of the hoist outside, I would put it up high so you have plenty of clearance underneath (16-18 ft). My opinion of that fancy garage is that it is all too low(but looks nice). He can probably barely remove an engine out of a vehicle/pickup once the trolley/hoist goes on that I-beam. Just a suggestion.

I never thought of the jib being outside but that is a good idea.
Shane

/ A steal on steel???????? #16  
I'd put the jib right outside the door. Set it up so that it can swing around and set the load inside. Then you can take it from there with the overhead crane.

/ A steal on steel???????? #17  
If you have a use for it you've got a heckuva deal. If you have someone show up who really needs it you can safely assume tripling or better your money.

Back in the day I had a jib crane. It was as handy as a pocket on pants for loading and unloading before I got my tractor.