ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!!

/ ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!! #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Ok, stepdad that has the broke jd ztr, it's rained every day after work since monday so i havn't gotten the mower apart yet.

so he calls me this am, he's trying to get his craftsman rider goin, that was setting for a while since he has been using the ztr.

he tookt he carb off to clean it, then found a spring laying on the ground. I ran over at lunch to take pics.. under the carb, there is the choke, throttle and governor arms and springs...

I toop a pic of the area and the spring he dropped.

any idea where this goes?

i wish he had a pic of it before it came apart. :)

i now have more work to do, after work today!

2.jpg1.jpg

/ ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!! #2  
Looking at mine, it looks like it is positioned almost correct in your fingers. The center bolt looks to go through the "hole" in the spring, but the spring is at the back, behind all the other stuff.

The one end of the spring goes into the little hole on the arm thing with the metal linkage rod. Up and to the left of the hole the linkage rod is in, you see a second hole.

The other end of the spring goes in the hole at the top of the round plate, the one just above the cable in your picture.

I'm trying to find my camera, not sure I'm being too clear without a picture...

/ ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!! #3  
Found the camera. Hopefully, this helps:

DSCN3988.jpg

/ ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!! #4  
Oops, the picture with my drawing this time. I can feel the spring is at the very back, behind all the bracketry/arms, etc.

DSCN3988.jpg

/ ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!!
That did it, thanks!

Back on, and I'm changing the blades, will be ready to get it cutting soon

Much appreciated!

/ ack, another broke mower! kohler vtwin 25 spring fell out of linkage!! #6  
Great, happy to help!