Add a valve for bucket thumb, woods loader

/ Add a valve for bucket thumb, woods loader #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I am building a thumb for the bucket on my Kubota , it has a Woods loader. The joy stick has a power beyond port so my question is: I know to add the valve I need a valve, a short male to male nipple and I need the two hoses for my thumb, do I just take the "out" line off the joy stick and plug that port and move it over the the new valve? Here is a pic of said joy stick valve.
8uw8Wwwl.jpg

hfEsYJNl.jpg

PFxHxSql.jpg

In the pictures you can see a lone elbow, it's plugged, any ideas on that?
Thanks

/ Add a valve for bucket thumb, woods loader #2  
A line from the PB port on the existing loader valve to the IN or Pressure port on the new valve is the way to plumb it...the return can be teed into the existing...

With most valves an internal plug or bushing is required to use Power Beyond...

If the capped off elbow is in the PB port I would remove the adapter and inspect for a threaded opening where the PB busing could go...being capped off tells me there is no bushing installed...but all valves may not work the same in regard to using PB...

[Edit] Post script

the PB bushing I mentioned may go port on the side of the valve where there is currently a plug...to the left of the elbow in the pic...

Last edited:
   / Add a valve for bucket thumb, woods loader
Any idea on how to get the schematic from Hesco or Woods? Thanks

/ Add a valve for bucket thumb, woods loader #4  
I have had very good results with contacting Woods equipment for help on older equipment. Just an FYI Woods is now Blount Corp or Blount International

Husco is also still in business but that valve model might be proprietary to Woods.

/ Add a valve for bucket thumb, woods loader
Thanks oldnslo, I ended up finding a good schematic on line. I'm just confused as to whether I need a sleeve for the PB or not. I'm going to try calling a Husco dealer later today as Husco doesn't deal direct with the public.