Added Benefits to DIY 50 hr service

/ Added Benefits to DIY 50 hr service #1  

wdchyd

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2320
DIY is great when everything goes right.....Bought all my filters engine oil and SUDT, after the initial warm up and engine oil change, I'd see just how clean this hyd oil is......I know the owners manual said only clean the screen but just had to see for myself......Yukkkk:(......out it comes.....new sudt and new filters....(my B2320 has 2 hyd spin ons.....1 is labeled hyd suction).....

The peace of mind is worth every penny I spent on 4 gals of hyd oil......

Can't imagine letting this stuff go to 400 hrs......Well I guess I'll be changing it more often than OEM says.... plus it'll help heat my shop this coming winter:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 50 hr service 001.jpg
    50 hr service 001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 264
   / Added Benefits to DIY 50 hr service
After all the Pressure Wash, Engine Oil, Hyd Oil, Complete Grease and Safety Checks......I realized "The Newness has worn off".....OH-NO.......:confused2:

Time for those new/old forks to meet Mr. Kubota.......So here's one of the new Mod's made this week..........The donor forks and carriage came from a salvaged forklift.......

I think it came out great, especially where all the materials were free:D

Here's pics of in process........

Attachments

• 50 hr service 003.jpg
    50 hr service 003.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 50 hr service 008.jpg
    50 hr service 008.jpg
    898 KB · Views: 219
  • 50 hr service 007.jpg
    50 hr service 007.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 249
  • 50 hr service 005.jpg
    50 hr service 005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 275
Did you think I was done?....shame shame:ashamed:.......I wouldn't do that to you guys....

So here's the result of "Pride in Workmanship"......AAAAHHHHH.....and the forks are made in USA:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 50 hr service 012.jpg
    50 hr service 012.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 207
  • 50 hr service 011.jpg
    50 hr service 011.jpg
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 50 hr service 010.jpg
    50 hr service 010.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 50 hr service 009.jpg
    50 hr service 009.jpg
    749.4 KB · Views: 219
   / Added Benefits to DIY 50 hr service #5  
My manual called for complete fluid change at 50 hours... but my dealer and other people I know said just do the filters... the fluid is probably still OK.

Well, I did like the manual suggested... and boy am I glad. At 50 hours, the fluid itself still has life in it... but that isn't the reason to change it. It is the metal shavings and break-in crap that is in there.

I had to buy 15 gallons of SUDT.. but it was worth it.

/ Added Benefits to DIY 50 hr service #6  
I agree that changing everything at 50 hrs is a good idea...I really don't care what the manual says...After seeing what came out of my BX at 50hrs, I have no intention of letting the RTV go to 200 hrs...

I changed the BX fluids again at 100hrs and all was good.

This is all environmental stuff.

The tree huggers didn't pay for my Kubota's so I'll change the fluids when I want.

The tree huggers didn't pay for my Kubota's so I'll change the fluids when I want.

I burn the waste oil for "Tree Huggers too".....keep on changing....it's either pay me now or pay me later:laughing:

Might as well add the bucket improvement also......it'll come in handy......better to fix it before I bend it..:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 50 hr service 015.jpg
    50 hr service 015.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 50 hr service 018.jpg
    50 hr service 018.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 314
  • 50 hr service 017.jpg
    50 hr service 017.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 296
   / Added Benefits to DIY 50 hr service #9  
DIY is great when everything goes right.....Bought all my filters engine oil and SUDT, after the initial warm up and engine oil change, I'd see just how clean this hyd oil is......I know the owners manual said only clean the screen but just had to see for myself......Yukkkk:(......out it comes.....new sudt and new filters....(my B2320 has 2 hyd spin ons.....1 is labeled hyd suction).....

The peace of mind is worth every penny I spent on 4 gals of hyd oil......

Can't imagine letting this stuff go to 400 hrs......Well I guess I'll be changing it more often than OEM says.... plus it'll help heat my shop this coming winter:thumbsup:

Wow - Is that normal for the first flush? My machine is surely (over)due for a change now, but I have easily 10 times that much time or more on my L4200 hydro fluid and it still looks much clearer than that (although it has been topped off with a gallon or so of fresh several times in that time thanks to a chronic site glass leak).

JayC

Wow - Is that normal for the first flush? My machine is surely (over)due for a change now, but I have easily 10 times that much time or more on my L4200 hydro fluid and it still looks much clearer than that (although it has been topped off with a gallon or so of fresh several times in that time thanks to a chronic site glass leak).

JayC

Don't know if it's normal cuz it's the first oil change but I've been running it hot and hard when digging stumps and rocks....so I'm sure that doesn't help any.....the oil looked clear on the dipstick but not so clear in the bucket....:eek: