Added lights to the ROPS.

/ Added lights to the ROPS. #1  

toddbiss

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti CK20hst
Added a couple lights for plowing this winter. Not sure how much I like the lights though, I might switch to something that has a broader beam. It was nice to have a power and ground already wired to the back of the tractor. If anyone has any suggestions for better lights let me know.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    798.8 KB · Views: 397
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    1,016.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 440
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 346
   / Added lights to the ROPS. #2  
I like um. You might want to move them inside the ROPS . Might be less likely to knock them off via a tree branch.

/ Added lights to the ROPS.
Yeah I was thinking that too, if I have enough headroom I might just flip them around.

/ Added lights to the ROPS. #4  
Heck or just getting them into the barn door behind the tractor. Was there seperate wiring for this or did you come off the existing light wiring. I took my old yellow flashers off and replaced them with rear facing lights but was looking at what you did as a better option.

Heck or just getting them into the barn door behind the tractor. Was there seperate wiring for this or did you come off the existing light wiring. I took my old yellow flashers off and replaced them with rear facing lights but was looking at what you did as a better option.

On my Kioti there is a power and ground already wired to the back of the tractor. So I just went through that and put in a separate switch. Mine is a 2011 not sure of your year so maybe that is something they started recently.

/ Added lights to the ROPS. #6  
I have two in front on the cab and these two on ROPs. The fronts are halogens but these incandesents on the back are sufficient. I try to keep all addons tucked in for close clearances.

Attachments

• IMG_1805.JPG
    IMG_1805.JPG
    452.5 KB · Views: 229
   / Added lights to the ROPS. #7  
Must be new I have an 02 Kubota and just had wiring foe the rear lights. Will have to come off existing lights or add new harness or get new tractor

Must be new I have an 02 Kubota and just had wiring foe the rear lights. Will have to come off existing lights or add new harness or get new tractor

Just get a new tractor, I went from a Kubota to Kioti and so far I am happy.... Just think, you would save like $10-15 in wiring!