Adding Backhoe, TnT, Remotes on L4310 (yet another rear remotes thread)

/ Adding Backhoe, TnT, Remotes on L4310 (yet another rear remotes thread) #1  

jabjab177

Tractor
Kubota L4310
All,

I have been reading here for many months and appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge. I *think* I understand what I need to do to add some hydraulics, but was hoping to get some other eyes to "check my work."

Situation:
I just bought a low hours L4310 and separately, a Woods BH9000-1 in very good condition. I'd like to add the following hydraulics to the tractor:
- two spool joystill valve with float for top and tilt
- two spool valve with one detent for additional rear remotes (hydaulic thumb and/or grapple, auger, etc.).
- input for the BH 9000-1
- (I'll also be adding lines to run a front implement from the rear remotes)

Plan:
Here is a diagram I drew up. I haven't selected exact valves yet, but something like these links. Would appreciate input as to that.

1- take the Pb port from the loader, run back to the joystick valve w/ pb adapter (2 Spool 10 GPM Chief 220957 Joystick Loader Control Valve w/Float Chief 220957 | Chief | Brands | www.surpluscenter.com)
2- Pb/output of the joystick to the input of the two spool valve for rear remotes (2 Spool 8 GPM Prince MB21BB5C1 DA Valve | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com with 3 Position Detent Kit Wolverine MB Valve 660170058 | Valve Parts & Accessories | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com)
3-Pb/output of the two spool valve to quick disconnects for backhoe (see question below)
4- output of backhoe to Pb port on block
5- tank ports of the joystick valve and the two spool valve (but not the backhoe) teed together and run to tank

Specific questions:
A- Any concerns with this set up?
B- Can the backhoe QDs be teed into the PB return line so that they need not be connected to one another with the backhoe off?
C- Can someone point me to a good/current thread on what QDs to use on rear remotes?
D- Does anyone have any recommendations for what valves to use?

Thank you very much!

-Jay

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 9.26.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 9.26.04 AM.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 71
   / Adding Backhoe, TnT, Remotes on L4310 (yet another rear remotes thread) #2  
If the backhoe only has 2 high pressure lines and no return to tank line then I'd simply hook it into one of your rear remotes. Therefore permanently plumb the high pressure lines for the valves.
Idle thought - how about a 4 valve block instead of 2 and add a joystick kit to 2 of those valves? (assuming you can find such a beast - I'm basing that on the valve I got I know there were options to buy joystick kits.)

Quick connects - I'd look at what's on that backhoe, likely 1/2" Pioneer ag style? Assuming that's what it is which is the most common farm type that's what I'd go with. Then you don't have to change the ends on the backhoe.

E.

/ Adding Backhoe, TnT, Remotes on L4310 (yet another rear remotes thread)
Thanks E for the response. What do you mean by "permenantely plumb the high pressure lines for the valves?"

I'm curious if there is any downside to having the flow go for the backhoe through the rear remote with detent. It doesn't seem that adding the connections for the backhoe, sans valve, would add much in the way of cost to the project.

I'll look into the joystick kit, that's an interesting idea.

/ Adding Backhoe, TnT, Remotes on L4310 (yet another rear remotes thread) #4  
If my understanding is correct then if the backhoe doesn't have a low pressure return to tank line as well then you have to run it off the rear remotes as that valve return to tank low pressure line will handle those needs for the backhoe valve.

Plus what I was saying earlier is that if you connect up to the remotes then when you're done you simply set that rear remote to it's centered position disconnect the 2 backhoe lines and you're finished. You don't have to then reconnect more lines. It's a simpler cleaner way to do the job. Also once you've got the backhoe on the tractor you're not going to need that remote for anything else, so it's not like there's an advantage to keeping it available.

E.

/ Adding Backhoe, TnT, Remotes on L4310 (yet another rear remotes thread) #5  
My factory Branson backhoe's valve stack has just the tank port, no PB. It's attached via a "backhoe loop" which is just a loop of hose headed into the factory rear remote valves that has a male and female quick connect on it. You unplug them and connect them to the backhoe's QCs when mounting it. The backhoe's valve stack can't handle high pressure on its tank port so you're restricted in how you use the rear remotes and 3pt with it connected.

While you could do the loop, if you have a rear remote with a detent and it's not hooked up to anything you could use that instead and it'd be a cleaner install.