Ads taking up 1/2 of the display.

/ Ads taking up 1/2 of the display. #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
This problem has been going for several months now and I have seen a couple other posts about it. But nothing has changed. In fact, the problem is worse. When I use any of my tablets to visit the TBN website the ads take up the top half of the display. I have three tablets of various vintages. They all use the Android operating system. The oldest of my tablets are ASUS machines. The newest is a Samsung and it is less than a year old. All the tablets have the same problem. And all of the tablets are running the most recent versions of their particular flavor of Android that they can.
Ads take up the top half of the display. And when scrolling through the posts other ads show up in between the posts. So that when this happens the whole screen is ads. I can live with this because when I scroll past the ad there is once again at least half of the scree available. But I cannot reply to posts or start a new thread on the tablets because when the keyboard is shown it uses the bottom half of the screen and the ads are taking up the top half and so I can't see what I am typing. This is really frustrating.
It wouldn't be so bad if I could make all my posts from my desk top computer as I am now doing. But I can't lug my desk top computer around with me. It is not portable. That's why I have been buying tablets over the years. Portability. Plus, I take pictures with my tablet and then attach those pictures to posts. If I want to put pictures in my posts I have to first transfer them to my desk top computer. This means I cannot post any pictures or reply to posts or start any threads until I am at my desk. And a good deal of the time I am not at my desk. But my tablet is almost always nearby.
I am always logged in to TBN. I do not even try to read any web site that I am a member of without logging in because I do not want to be inundated with ads. It seem though logging in to TBN doesn't make a difference.
Thanks,
Eric

/ Ads taking up 1/2 of the display. #2  
All of your tablets are Android?

Go to the app store and get (for free) "Adblock Browser".

You can disable pop ups and ads.

You can choose to allow some ads if you wish, or you can tighten it down (in the settings) to not allow any. And it works. I use it on my Android smart phone. Zero ads. Ever.

I also use the "Adblock Plus" extension to my Firefox web browser on my PC at home. Zero ads. Ever. No pop ups, pop unders, or ads embedded in the web page.

Come, breathe the free air again.

/ Ads taking up 1/2 of the display. #3  
I also use the "Adblock Plus" extension to my Firefox web browser on my PC at home. Zero ads. Ever. No pop ups, pop unders, or ads embedded in the web page.

Come, breathe the free air again.
I do the same, Firefox and Adblock Ultimate (I paid for the software, is worth every penny), never see any ads on any website.