Advice on flushing Trans/Hydro oil. Water in my MT 372D 3PH not lifting

/ Advice on flushing Trans/Hydro oil. Water in my MT 372D 3PH not lifting #1  

GeeVee

Bronze Member
Tractor
MT 372 D, ASV RC30
I changed it when I got the machine a few years ago, and don't put a lot of hours on her. Like a idiot, I left in the rain too often, and got water in it, likely through the filler cap.

I wanted to use the bushhog yesterday, and the lift would not work.

Drained 2 gallons of milky oil out of it, (did not clean the screen) and refilled. Lifted right up no problem. Rolled out to the work site on the trailer half hour later, sitting at idle, went to use it and it didn't want to work again. Ran the PTO bush hog for a little bit, but without the lift, it just wasn't going to work well. Pulled one of the drain plugs while running at idle and chained down to the trailer while on site, and got cold milky oil out and quickly put the drain plug back in and came hone.

Drained what I had put in, (letting it ride home running at idle on the trailer -I have a weak battery) as soon as I was home and turned it off. Dang fluid was almost cold- absolutely no heat in it at all. Anyway. I have left the drain plugs out over night, and this afternoon will find the screen filter and clean it, and refill and run it again. My friend who has ATV's they like to mud bog through swamps, says he has to flush new oil three times to get it clean when it gets water ingestion.....

Me? I don't care how much oil I have to run through it if it clears up the problem without parts or repairs but will ask you experts.

Should I be taking a cover off and using an adjuvant like diesel through it to wash down the water from all the small spaces? Or just keep doing the drain-refill-run sequence over and over?

This project just went to the head of my projects list, and I will spend any amount and every bit of time needed to fix, before I go back to enclosing my 32x16x13H pole barn with 12' garage doors on each end (for my equipment to live in)

Thanks yall.

/ Advice on flushing Trans/Hydro oil. Water in my MT 372D 3PH not lifting #2  
I am not an expert on hydraulic fluid but I'm going to reply because no one else has. I suspect it has to do with the forum you posted in.

Anyway, when I first read your post yesterday I did some searching and reading. The suggestion I found was to run the tractor and any hydraulic equipment to help flush the water to the sump and change the oil again and to repeat this until the water level is low enough that eventually the heat from running it can evaporate what's left.

/ Advice on flushing Trans/Hydro oil. Water in my MT 372D 3PH not lifting
Thanks Hube2. I wanted to pass along I have drained it, and will continue to Drain, refill, run, Drain, until its done. And to pass along there is a neat feature down at the bottom of the page called the "Similiar Threads" box that is super helpful, kind of like a automated search the software does for you, once you make your initial post.

The top one ATF for flushing..... was very helpful and explained alot. but since ATF is more expensive, and you still need to do a cycle to fluch out the fluching solution, I figure I am am already part way to clean already, so I m not going to use a ATF Deisel alcohol mixture at this time.