Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower

/ Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower #1  

Monster5601

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 R4 Tires
I've watched the videos from DR and Cyclone on their lawn vacuum systems. The two issues that I see are the clumsy connection to the mowing deck's output chute and the collection hose routing. I'm looking for a way to suck up leaves from my drainage ditches in the fall as well as collect grass clipping and leaves from the mowing action (I have a compost pile). So the vacuum will need to have hand-operated collection ability as well as large capacity.

I cut around 4 1/2 acres and have about 1,200 feet of drainage ditches to suck leaves out of. I'm wondering what other folks are using for like properties, the successes you have, brand recommendations, and any other suggestions/experiences. My idea is to have a vacuum system that doesn't require me to work on it so it works. The mower is a ZD323 with side-discharge.

Thanks in advance.

/ Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower #2  
The remote pickup (CR calls it the Power Vacuum Pickup) works fine, but of course you have to get off the tractor and walk with it. In fact, with mine I have to be a little careful to not pick up rocks that are too large. Is this what you are looking for?

/ Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower
yep, that is it, the power vacuum pick-up.

I'm leaning towards the CR XL, I can't seem to find a reason not to go with CR. The DR's articulating hitch coupled to a ZT just doesn't sound like the best solution for me.

/ Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower #4  
The CR hitch is a disadvantage to the extent it swings out on turns, so you have to watch that. On the other hand it allows the deck tube to be shorter, keeping it from dragging. It also doesn't require trailer backing skills, if that's an issue.

I went with the Cyclone Rack. The rigid trailer mount with a well-managed deck tube was my deciding factor. Since I mow very large areas, the addition to the rear swing wasn't an issue. I did add a 45 degree elbow off the exhaust port to divert the exhaust away from the CR's engine. Other than that, it was a textbook install.

20210408_145954.jpg

/ Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower #6  
How much flex do you get in that hose? Looks like right hand turns only.

How much flex do you get in that hose? Looks like right hand turns only.
The Cyclone Rack attachment does not articulate, it remains parallel to the ZT, there is no flex in the deck hose.

/ Advice on Lawn Vacuum for ZD Mower #8  
Good choice. Looks great. I didn't know they came in yellow.