Aftermarket Deere part

/ Aftermarket Deere part #1  

hosspuller

Veteran Member
Tractor
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened 310C, F915,102, 5200 & 5065E
I have a Deere F915 front mower. It's been a good machine, but the PTO shaft that drives the deck is worn out. It was worn sloppy when I got the mower 10 years ago, but now it's time for a replacement. I once saw an ad for PTO shafts in a commercial turf magazine. Can anybody point me to a source for the PTO shaft?

Thanks for any help.

/ Aftermarket Deere part #2  
Is there any reason that you can't find a machine shop or business that could fabricate a new shaft and u-joint replacement?

I've had a number of PTO shaft's completely replaced with aftermarket "custom" build units.

One local business here does replacement shafts for vehicles, trucks and large, over-the-road trucks. He'll also tackle large AG equipment.

AKfish

/ Aftermarket Deere part
AKfish ... The Deere shaft has a non-standard coupler on the driver end. But your suggestion is food for thought.

/ Aftermarket Deere part #4  
I have an F-935 diesel 72" mower. These shafts are used on a lot of Deere and other brands. Its a 2100 rpm twist lock type. Keyed lock bolt on the mower end. If just the yokes are worn, replace then and the needle bearings. There are a couple of used mower part dealers on eBay that sell this type of part. Be careful though, the collapsed length is important and can be different.

/ Aftermarket Deere part
The splined shaft is worn sloppy. Been pumping grease into it for 10 years. Can't complain it's just tired, and I'm retired... ergo.. cheap :laughing:

Looks like JD parts wants about $250

/ Aftermarket Deere part #6  
Hmm.. Somewhere around the house I've got the specs for that shaft, I ordered that same "drive splined end" for my FIL, in the family we have 4 of the F-Series machines :laughing:... Want to say the cost for that end was in the 30.00 range, new joints, etc.. for ~$75 bucks we had a 100% rebuilt shaft..
It is available "aftermarket"...I want to say it was a Weasler yoke...Same goes for all the crosses/joints...all available aftermarket.
If you do buy a salvage one, Be careful of the "Mower End"....there are a few versions out there....