Air tool storage ideas?

/ Air tool storage ideas? #1  

KubotainNH

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100
Hi folks, I did a quick search and didn't find much. I'm curious if any of you have good ideas for air tool storage with easy access. My tools are a bit bulky but I'd like to have a better setup. I was thinking maybe something on drawer slides so they are out of the way and kept somewhat clean. Maybe a special drawer. Another thought was a shelf with holes to stick the air nipple into. Tools I'm talking about are ratchet, impact gun, chisel, cutter, 3" cutoff and misc small pieces. My nailers are boxed which I like that way. Thanks for you thoughts and pics are always good :)

/ Air tool storage ideas? #2  
I keep mine in the bottom drawer of my roll-away tool box.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #3  
Here's a cool idea off the Miller Welding web site:

Attachments

• air-tool-rack.jpg
    air-tool-rack.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,514
   / Air tool storage ideas? #4  
My air tools sit on a shelve, covered up with a old bath towel.

/ Air tool storage ideas?
   / Air tool storage ideas? #6  
My air tools sit on a shelve, covered up with a old bath towel.

Anything that keeps dirt and debris from entering the air intake is good as far as the tool is concerned.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #7  
I store them in the rollaway. I would find the two-hand thing frustrating.
Jim

/ Air tool storage ideas? #8  
i wrap my larger ones in a plastic thick mill garbage bag, and put smaller tools into large ziplocks to keep the air chucks clean.

soundguy

/ Air tool storage ideas? #9  
i wrap my larger ones in a plastic thick mill garbage bag, and put smaller tools into large ziplocks to keep the air chucks clean.

soundguy

I've thought about doing the same thing, but was concerned about the possibility of moisture/condensation getting to them.

/ Air tool storage ideas? #10  
it could I guess.. but in my shop I also do wood working and some metal working so I'm more concerned about metal chips or wood dust that settles around.

I try to oil my air tools regularly and just hope the moisture don't get them. but you do bring up a good point.
past of throwing a baggie of dessicant or cat litter in there.. i'm not sure what you could do about it.

soundguy