Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!!

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
Kami, our little girl at only 23 months old, and only 82 pounds, was just listed as making the list for Top 20 Akita's in the country at number 14 for Breed, and number 9 for All Breed. National breed organizations are a little different then the regular AKC in that it's breed specific, and points are figured out from June to May. It's an invite only, formal event with black tie and ball room gowns required. It's held somewhere different every year, and this year it's in Boston this October. It will last a full week, with shows every day, along with awards ceremonies and banquets. My wife will go with our professional handler. I'll stay home and take care of the farm.

Also, as of the end of May, Kami was ranked the number 11 Akita with AKC for the year. There is only one female ahead of her, and she is 5 years old. Kami will be 2 years old next week. She is competing against males that weigh from 110 to 130 pounds that are 3 to 7 years old, and have been competing longer then she has been alive. We joke about her being the giant killer because she wins Best of Breed so often against them. She is currently a Grand Champion with 70 points towards the 100 needed for her Bronze level. We're hopeful that she has them before October.

This is a big deal for us, and especially for Kami since she is so young, and female. Another thing to know is that she goes into heat twice a year and is unable to compete for 2 months each time this happens because she blows her coat and it has to come back in to be able to compete against the males. To be ranked as high as she is, and having to miss a third of the year is amazing. Of the top 20, only 3 are female.

Here are the lists announcing the Top 20

35348990_626105687726551_2576823907646439424_o.jpg 35400862_626105537726566_3892194316772179968_o.jpg

Here is the link to her current number 11 standing with AKC New-Statistics | Canine Chronicle

This is her Group 3 placement from two weeks ago in Monroe LA

CH1A0270.jpg

Here is what she did in just the month of May. The gold and purple ones are for Best of Breed. There are 9 of them!!!!!

IMG_5405.JPG

Couple pictures that I took of Kami last weekend. Her nickname is the Diva!!!

IMG_1396.JPG IMG_1401.JPG

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #3  
Congratulations Eddie! Keep the good news flowing .... really nice to hear!

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #4  
Congratulations, beautiful dog Eddie. . .I bet it is a expensive hobby. :thumbsup:

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #5  
I don't know whether I should say congratulations to you, Eddie, or to your wife?:laughing: To both, I reckon. And how is her health now?

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!!
And how is her health now?

Much, much better. The chemo remains in her system for a very long time. It's a very strong poison that just destroyed everything, so it was a very slow process at first, but the last couple of weeks, she's been regaining her strength and energy. She is still weak and tends to over do it, which puts her in be the entire next day, but this is happening less and less often. Then they reduced her pain medication and she had horrible withdrawals. It made her physically ill to not have them. Opiods work, but they are tough to live without. It's been a couple days since she has been off of them completely, and it's looking good. Her doctors gave her the OK to drive again too, so that's been HUGE!!!! She is looking forward to going back to work when school starts in August. Until then, she will just get stronger every day!!!

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #7  
Congrats Eddie. Our male got an invitation for the North American Diving Dogs championship in December. Very exciting!

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #8  
Much, much better. The chemo remains in her system for a very long time. It's a very strong poison that just destroyed everything, so it was a very slow process at first, but the last couple of weeks, she's been regaining her strength and energy. She is still weak and tends to over do it, which puts her in be the entire next day, but this is happening less and less often. Then they reduced her pain medication and she had horrible withdrawals. It made her physically ill to not have them. Opiods work, but they are tough to live without. It's been a couple days since she has been off of them completely, and it's looking good. Her doctors gave her the OK to drive again too, so that's been HUGE!!!! She is looking forward to going back to work when school starts in August. Until then, she will just get stronger every day!!!

:thumbsup:

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #9  
Congrats on the Akita and hope your better half improves quickly.

/ Akita Nationals, we made the cut!!!! #10  
I hope all continues to go well for Akita and your wife