Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ?

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #51  
I wanted to get the EA, but living WA state meant some hefty shipping costs and there was a significant wait. I purchased a 60in grapple for my Bobcat CT2025 from the local LC dealer in stock. The grapple is labeled LC, Korea, but the dealer insists it is Canadian made. It cost 2k. it is very light (~200-300lb) and allows me to lift some pretty heavy logs, I suspect if you are digging out boulders, a heavier one (or EA) may be better. Mine has no problem moving unearthed boulders. (And yes, I have been scolded about my ROPS)

Attachments

• 20201228_152424 (1).jpg
    20201228_152424 (1).jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 186
   / Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #52  
Check out American Attachments in No Carolina. They have various Grades (economy/hd/super duty). I got one of their HD models in 6 ft about 3 years ago & been happy with it so far

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #53  
I have several EA attachments (wicked tool bar, box blade and land plane) for my LX2610. All are top quality implements. Lead time and up front payment is a PITA, but aside from that I have no complaints.

I ordered the wicked grapple in late June. Delivery is quoted for Sept. I know I can find cheaper, but not the quality. If you figure the premium price over say 5+ years the cost is not nearly as painful.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #54  
Bought LX3310HSDC late last month. Had 2 rear remotes and 3rd function valve installed. Was going to purchase a EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple. Didn't decide to pull the trigger until today. 7/7/2021. when to their web site to order, price had increased over-nite. I was okay with the 12 to 14 week, not pleased that they want to charge credit up front for the full amount.
Now to the big question, does any one make a grapple at a more affordable price? EA was going to be close to2550.00.
I bought a L6060 and a Tar River 66" grapple. I bought them together but the dealer told me the grapple was around $2000. It weighs 465 pounds and works great. The tractor has a Kubota 3rd valve installed for the grapple. If you get this type of set up with any grapple, I would recommend protecting the hydraulic hoses that are underneath the tractor speaking from experience.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #55  
I didn’t order my grapple it came with the tractor I bought. I have an American made tomahawk 72” double cylinder grapple that weighs 535# according to the tomahawk website. I use mine for firewood and picking up boulders around my property. I have owned two Skid-steers so my forks,,stump bucket and materials buckets are one’s I’ve kept since I’ve sold the skids. Buy whatever makes sense to use in your situation. If you need the best of the best, buy it. I just have good used reliable equipment that’s not abused that should last a lifetime for me.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #56  
Another satisfied MTL owner here.

Looks like the 48" single lid grapple weighing in at 350 lbs would be a decent fit for your LA535 loader.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #58  
Always KNOW what your requirements are. I got an EA grapple because I end up lifting a LOT of weight and I wanted something that was lighter and strong: you can find many of my pictures on this site or on EA's site (I didn't know they'd posted them; was there browsing some other info and spotted them and felt kind of famous 😀). I came to appreciate the lower weight when I managed to drop the grapple on my foot: was disconnecting it from the tractor and got stupid!

I agree that I would struggle over having to wait so long. On the other hand I tend to buy well before I need something. I ordered my flail in December; got it in April (right about the time that I needed it).

Regarding items made in China... I wish that people would understand that not everything that is made in China is of low quality; and the converse could readily be made that not everything made in the U.S. is of high quality (although, more and more crappy U.S.-made stuff is disappearing because one can pay a lot less for similar from China!). Research...

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #59  
I ordered a Wicked 55 and they told me 10-12 weeks when I ordered. It has been over 13 weeks and when I contacted them a couple days ago they said there are 200+ orders ahead of me in line. Apparently they halted production on these for a few weeks because they ran out of steel.

/ Alternative to EA 55 Inch Wicked Root Rake Grapple ? #60  
Not wanting to wait until the end of the year for EA, I ordered a Granite Grapple from RK. Was told 3-4 weeks but it was delivered to my driveway in 3 days.

So far it has been as tough as I need it to be and it definitely hasn't been babied. Made of AR400.

Like everything else I try to buy, RK shows these are not available either.

Kubuta/Landpride dealer said well in to next year for one of theirs.