AMD's 1968 MF 135

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #21  
Here's that diagram of the wiring I promised. I apologize. I simply forgot to post it. This was posted here by another member some time back. I have one similar that comes from the AGCO service manual.

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
It's the same one! - Just cleaned up and painted. It had a pretty bad bondo job before - up close it's far from perfect but much better than it was.

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #23  
nice job!

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
Sorry Kid, I was replying to you about the nosecone being the same one... but I see now that the wiring diagram looks the same too! No worries, thanks, that will be a big help.

As mentioned I'd removed my fenders - the carriage bolt that attaches the bracket at the axle must be worn and allows the fenders to wobble. I haven't gotten the bracket off yet however. The loader I have prevents me from getting a socket on the front nut as the mount is below the rear axle. I tried to see if I could loosen the loader and slowly back up far enough to gain access without removing the loader completely but that didn't work - it wasn't free enough to stay put while the tractor moved. So I'll have to revisit that at a time TBD...

Anyway, since I have the fenders off I figured I'd clean them up and re-paint. Worked on that a little on the weekend. Found some wasp nests... and some rusty parts. But all in all pretty good. I still don't know where my fenders came from - in a previous post I mentioned they are flat top, but they don't seem to match what should be on a 135. Under the red paint it was yellow, so I wondered if it was the 2135 Industrial version but the part number doesn't match what Agco parts book has for that either. The rear light in the fender had a sort of red film on the back and there was a smaller bulb behind the PAR 36 - so I'd almost assume this was a brake light for something? Here's a photo of the housing that goes on the front of the fender - part number 193026M1. Is there a way to tell what this is off of? I did quick internet searches and can find the part but not necessarily the intended tractor it belongs too.

IMG-20130622-00490.jpg

Also here's the extra bulb / red filter set-up I mentioned:

IMG-20130622-00486.jpg

AND FINALLY - the start of the mess I got in on my garage floor:

IMG-20130622-00489.jpg

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
I was in at the Massey dealer on the weekend and I found out the origin of the fenders I have - as mentioned they were not from a 135. He was able to plug in the stamped part number off them and found them to be from either a MF302 or MF304 - both industrial which did explain the yellow paint. The one unfortunate part is that on 2 of the light assemblies the part that that holds the light to the fender portion was well rusted and they're no longer made - 1019387M91 "frame assembly". I've done a few quick internet searches and no idea yet if I'll be able to replace them.

Slow progress on them but they're coming along:
IMG-20130715-00562.jpg

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #26  
I was in at the Massey dealer on the weekend and I found out the origin of the fenders I have - as mentioned they were not from a 135. He was able to plug in the stamped part number off them and found them to be from either a MF302 or MF304 - both industrial which did explain the yellow paint. The one unfortunate part is that on 2 of the light assemblies the part that that holds the light to the fender portion was well rusted and they're no longer made - 1019387M91 "frame assembly". I've done a few quick internet searches and no idea yet if I'll be able to replace them.

Slow progress on them but they're coming along:
View attachment 327599

Lookin good!

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
Lookin good!

Thanks Murph! Learning as I go... !

I picked up some new hardware last night and sprayed the bolts - may get these installed tonight if I have time. Also hopefully fixed the wobbly fender last night by replacing the carriage bolt with a new hex bolt and washers on top & bottom to accommodate for the rounded hole on the bracket. It may only be temporary but should do until I can remove the loader mounts to get the nut off the front of the bracket.

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #28  
G'day AMD have a look at the bare co usa site and look at the massey guards they have some lights listed there, not sure but may be what you are after.

Jon

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
Thanks Jon - I'd never been to that site before, but unfortunately they still didn't have what I wanted. I guess I kinda got discouraged looking when I heard that it was a discontinued part. I did however end up deciding to make my own out of an old piece of 25 gauge galvanized steel wall stud I found laying around work.

Of the 4 in the picture the 2 on the right were the ones I made. The bottom left was one of the bad ones that barely had any material remaining on the bottom half. The top left was one of the decent ones that I attempted to clean up and covered with rust paint.
IMG-20130804-00596.jpg

So far they seem to be working out. They attach to the fender and have three holes that the rubber clips into which then holds the light bulbs in place. I've got one fender re-wired waiting to be put back on now.

IMG-20130804-00599.jpg IMG-20130806-00608.jpg

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #30  
Where did you get the wiring?