AMD's 1968 MF 135

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
I got this here from Canadian Tire - it's just a roll of 2 conductor 16 AWG wire. About $16 for 25 feet. In the automotive section. Not sure what would be an equivalent store for you?

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #32  
I got this here from Canadian Tire - it's just a roll of 2 conductor 16 AWG wire. About $16 for 25 feet. In the automotive section. Not sure what would be an equivalent store for you?

Thanks

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #33  
amd where do you find the nose cone and how do you get to it?

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
amd where do you find the nose cone and how do you get to it?

It was the one already on the tractor when I got it. Not sure if it was original or not, but it was in pretty bad shape and had some bondo on it. I just cleaned it up a little. Don't know if the originals were all metal or not, but this one is not.

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #35  
I can tel you for a fact that that is the original nosecone. Notice the flat surface facet on the very front. Aftermarket are somewhat rounded. Trust me, I know the difference. It looks like it cleaned up really nice. You are better off for fitment with that one.

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #36  
Now we have copyright Lawyers on here?

Last edited:
   / AMD's 1968 MF 135
Finally got both fenders back on the tractor! Poor picture but I was excited last night... I installed the fenders 1 position higher than they'd been previously as I picked up some chains for the winter that are pretty bulky with large links that I was worried about clearance on. But for 25$ for the pair I can't complain!

IMG-20130821-00629.jpg

IMG-20130821-00621.jpg

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #38  
If you decide to use an enamel paint from an AGCO dealer for sheetmetal and body. Reguardless of what you've read about the paint quality. It's actually quite durable if used the proper amount of hardener with it. The hardener will give you a deep durable shine and speed curing time quite a bit. Enamel paint without the proper amount of hardener will turn dull and stay soft for quite some time. Acrylic rattle can does a fair job on small pieces. chevy's Victory Red auto paint is pretty darn close to MF red if you wanted to go with an automotive single or dual stage paint. -kid

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135
Thanks Kid - for now I've just been using the rattle cans direct from AGCO - and for what's left I'll probably just keep up with it - I've been content enough with the result and the fender was about as big an area as I have to do. By no means am I expecting perfection:)

/ AMD's 1968 MF 135 #40  
I've found that the flint grey metallic in rattle can will look kind of flaky and needs to be built up in light coats. I used it on areas where i would have had to stand on my head to paint with my paint gun.