Amsoil 100:1

/ Amsoil 100:1 #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
I recently started using Amsoil products for my vehicles. They gave me a free sample of their two cycle mix that goes at a ratio of 100:1. He swears it works for any engine at that ratio and will give it less wear. He said it actually will work at 200:1, but that really freaks people out so they say mix it at 100:1. I will use this in weed eaters, leaf blowers, lawn boy mower and stihl chain saw. Is this stuff any good?

/ Amsoil 100:1 #2  
I recently started using Amsoil products for my vehicles. They gave me a free sample of their two cycle mix that goes at a ratio of 100:1. He swears it works for any engine at that ratio and will give it less wear. He said it actually will work at 200:1, but that really freaks people out so they say mix it at 100:1. I will use this in weed eaters, leaf blowers, lawn boy mower and stihl chain saw. Is this stuff any good?

Been using it for several years now

/ Amsoil 100:1 #4  
Just to get this thru my brain.... Mixed correctly with gas at 100:1 can be used in any 2 cycle engines?

Why do that call it 'pre-mix'?

Brian

/ Amsoil 100:1 #5  
They have 2 cycle marine for boat engines. I use it in all my trimmers, bp blowers , chain saws, etc

/ Amsoil 100:1 #6  
It's all I use in trimmers, blowers, and chainsaws... runs cooler with no smoking. I also only mix with 93 octane fuel for all my 2 cycle applications... I think this also makes a big difference.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #7  
I've used it for more than 30 years, mixed carefully to 100:1 with regular gas. My current chainsaw is 20+ years old and still runs great. Ran it at 100:1 in a 30hp outboard motor that I had for a few years too, no problems with that either. I really like that there is no smoke, no fouled plugs and easy starting.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #8  
Been using it for 15+ years in everything from motocross bikes to jet skiis to weedeaters. Great stuff.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #9  
I stocked up on Mobil 1 2T. Best 2 cycle oil (IMO) but very difficult to find since it has now been discontinued. I learned about it mainly from my years of experience with motorcross motorcycles (KX250). I had friends that tried the Amsoil at 100:1 but found better performance/ring life mixed at 50:1. The Amsoil 100:1 is a great oil just do not mix it thinner than 100:1. Remember that 2 cycle oils have limited stability/lubricity life when mixed with gas so mixing it thin just makes the issue worse if you mix gas to use for months. I try to limit my mixes to 1 month at max.

From Amsoil:

AMSOIL Synthetic 100:1 Pre-Mix 2-Cycle Oil (ATC) is recommended for all water-cooled and air-cooled pre-mix applications. A mix ration of 100:1 is recommended for normal duty service in applications such as motorcycles, outboard motors, snowmobiles, weed eaters, lawn mowers and chain saws. For "severe service" applications, richer mix ratios of 50:1 to 80:1 are recommended. These include racing motors and hot operating workhorse motors that continuously run for extended periods of time.

I highly recommend treating everything as severe duty. This will keep ring wear down and provide cooler engine temps. Also reduces the lubricity breakdown from storing mixed fuel.

/ Amsoil 100:1 #10  
Just to get this thru my brain.... Mixed correctly with gas at 100:1 can be used in any 2 cycle engines?

Why do that call it 'pre-mix'?

Brian

Pre-Mix means it is mixed with the the gas before/pre engine. Some engines are oil injected into the gas at the engine, ie one tank for oil, one for plain gas.

BTW I used to run Redline 2s oil in an enduro bike...had to quit with it, it was really bad about pulling moisture from the air, would always find water in the tank bottom. Went back to Yamalube and never again found water. This only happened when the bike sat of course, if the tank was filled and all run out then no problems.