An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?!

/ An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?! #1  

tomplum

Elite Member
Tractor
XJ2025H
Wife just slid a bowl off the counter into smithereenland. This set was gift to her 40 years ago and the next to the largest bowl makes it an awkward set of 3. So being Mr. Helpful, figured out she needed the Pyrex 443. First thing I see is a bowl on EBay for 8k. It ended up being another pattern and was closer to 25$ shipped. But the moral of the story is maybe every once in while it might be good to drop these type of things into a search and see what its worth. Heck, for 8K I'd by her a real nice set of bowls and a vacation! Probably bring her along too!

/ An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?! #2  
Wife just slid a bowl off the counter into smithereenland. This set was gift to her 40 years ago and the next to the largest bowl makes it an awkward set of 3. So being Mr. Helpful, figured out she needed the Pyrex 443. First thing I see is a bowl on EBay for 8k. It ended up being another pattern and was closer to 25$ shipped. But the moral of the story is maybe every once in while it might be good to drop these type of things into a search and see what its worth. Heck, for 8K I'd by her a real nice set of bowls and a vacation! Probably bring her along too!
If you can get a pic of a similar one our neighborhood is having it's mega garage sale this weekend, might be able to find one. Most of the stuff is in that time range.

/ An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?! #3  
I have an old Coleman single mantle lantern (with original box) that I bought new about 1968, along with a Coleman stove. Sharn Jean was thinking of selling the lantern; did some checking and saw one advertised for $2000! Don't know if it is quite that pricy, but would part with it in a hurry for that!

/ An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?! #4  
Most likely the first thing that I'd do with an $8000 bowl would be to drop it...

/ An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?! #5  
My wife saved all the "beanie babies" that my kids had 20-25 years ago.... apparently there are a couple that are worth some big bucks.... like up to around $5k...... I did a quick search on Ebay and sure enough, one of them is listed for $6500---- WOW!

Problem comes in ACTUALLY getting that amount..... my luck would be to ship it, then the buyer report something wrong and I'm out both the money and the item!

I may take them to some type of collector store to see if that's what they are really worth......

/ An 8000$ Pyrex bowl?!
Yep, that's what it boils down to. You should have seen the look on her eyes when I turned my laptop towards her with the 8000$ listing!