...and carry a big stick

/ ...and carry a big stick #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
onelogtruck.jpg

Those old trucks are stronger than they look.

Bruce

/ ...and carry a big stick #2  
man that old growth is some straight beautiful wood . Doe's that say 8,700 board feet ? One stick.Wow!:drink:

/ ...and carry a big stick #3  
One heck of a load for any truck. And one tiny cable, only, on the rear truck. I want to see what was available to load that beast of a log. It looks like that log came from the Olympic Peninsula of Western WA state. That's where the Hoh River is.

/ ...and carry a big stick #4  
Great pic. Thanks for posting it.

/ ...and carry a big stick #5  
I would have liked to seen them fell it, load it, and process it.

/ ...and carry a big stick #6  
2 man bucksaw or 2 man chainsaw guessing least couple day cut down,limb,log length... :eek:

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

/ ...and carry a big stick #7  
Good display of man's tenacity back when most things were accomplished by physical labor.

Kinda sad too though.

/ ...and carry a big stick #8  
It's more amazing to me that they where able to load it onto the trailer.

/ ...and carry a big stick #9  
Back in the early 50's, my Dad loaded huge oak trees onto a 4 wheel trailer using an 8N Ford tractor. Logs so large that only one log filled the width of the trailer. You just need a ramp up to the trailer (he used smaller logs notched to lay on the trailer) and a couple of chains looped under the log, then pull it up the ramp and onto the trailer. You just need some good stops on the trailer to keep it from rolling off the back side which could be very bad for the person and tractor pulling it up.

He hauled the logs from his land to a mill a few miles away to be sawn into 1" boards, 12x12, timbers, 2x4s etc to be used in building our house which is still in use today.

/ ...and carry a big stick #10  
Back in the early 50's, my Dad loaded huge oak trees onto a 4 wheel trailer using an 8N Ford tractor. Logs so large that only one log filled the width of the trailer. You just need a ramp up to the trailer (he used smaller logs notched to lay on the trailer) and a couple of chains looped under the log, then pull it up the ramp and onto the trailer. You just need some good stops on the trailer to keep it from rolling off the back side which could be very bad for the person and tractor pulling it up. <snip>
That method is called "parbuckle"