Annual BX2230 service today

/ Annual BX2230 service today #1  

BravoXray

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230, John Deere 430 Diesel
Today was warm but VERY windy, so I decided to do the annual end of mowing season service on my BX. Drained the oil, changed the oil filter, air filter and the fuel filter on the engine. After the oil had drained, I installed a quick drain valve, which should eliminate a lot of the oil mess when the drain plug is removed. It screwed right in and I snugged it up, should work just fine. My only concern though is that it doesn't have a very good flow as the bore is rather small, but as long as the oil is pretty warm, it should be okay.
I also checked the hydraulic/HST oil, coolant, mower gearbox oil, front axle oil. and greased the mower deck, PTO shaft u-joints, gauge wheels and FEL. I wish the front drive shaft had zerks on the u-joints, but it doesn't.

Here is a picture of the quick drain valve installed.

1667697436179.jpeg

/ Annual BX2230 service today #2  
Some people just do not have enough to do... out there embarrassing us all. Shame on you. Good for you in other words.

Quite windy here in So MD today too and was 78 degrees. Seemed like every boat owner in the area was out on the water, darn near crowded (we are on an inlet from the Chesapeake Bay.)

Did my first leaf bagging of the year using our BX2200 and PTO driven bagger last Tuesday. Normally do 3 or 4 baggings each fall, typ ending in early December.

/ Annual BX2230 service today #4  
I'm a big fan of those Fumoto oil drain valves, I've been using them for 20 years on my cars. I don't have them on the mower or the tractor, since they only see an annual oil change and the tractor would take two.