Another Ford 101 Back In Service...

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #1  

Utopia Texas

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2650 / Kubota L6060 / Kubota ZD2300
Bought this Ford 101 last week. After using the acetylene torch to remove 4 really rusted yet worn bolts and then replacing them it was another day of scraping, grinding and sanding. Then hammered the Coulters back into round and the falling landslide into a comfy mushroom shape. Finally two coats of official New Holland Blue paint. Getting ready to plow for some corn planting next week! :)
image.jpgimage.jpg

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #3  
UTexas,
Holy Cow, you even painted the edges of the moldboards! Now, what's with all this concrete? I bought the same type plow last month. I love it. I need to replace some bearings on the coulters and one U bolt on holding the middle coulter.
I'm gonna plant corn also. I ripped the middle mouldboards's shear pin on an old stump. But it plowed sweet from the start. First Plowing.jpgFord Plow Pretty.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #4  
I have the same Ford 101 plows also. I now have them restored to new. They plow great. I had to put new shins, points and landsides all the way around. I put on a landside gauge wheel with it.

Attachments

• 100_0176.jpg
    100_0176.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_0157.jpg
    100_0157.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0155.jpg
    100_0155.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_0156.jpg
    100_0156.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 81
   / Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #5  
Dave,
Where did you get the landside gauge wheel?
hugs, Brandi

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #6  
I saw a 101 plow for sale on Craigs List for parts and it had this on it. I only paid $200 for the whole plow. Saw one of these on E-Bay for $800. Must be a steal.

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service...
UTexas,
Holy Cow, you even painted the edges of the moldboards! Now, what's with all this concrete? I bought the same type plow last month. I love it. I need to replace some bearings on the coulters and one U bolt on holding the middle coulter.
I'm gonna plant corn also. I ripped the middle mouldboards's shear pin on an old stump. But it plowed sweet from the start. View attachment 418732View attachment 418733
hugs, Brandi

I got myself in a painting bind towards the end due to being really tired. I would paint the tops of the mould boards black and find paint drips on the backside on the blue. Then paint over the blue on the backside and find blue drips on the front! :) All in all it doesn't matter as the first time I plow I expect to see a lot of shiny mirror like metal. Just wanted to keep the rust off as long as possible. As far as the concrete goes....I've slopped around in mud since I was a child and like at least one place one the property clean enough to work on comfortably. After a tractor a farmer's best friend is concrete and a high pressure washer !!!
PS- Only disappointment with this plow is that the Coulters have no grease fittings. Don't know if they are original or replacements but next Winter I plan to drill, tap and thread them for grease fittings. I can't imagine why someone would produce Coulters that cannot be lubed.....

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #8  
I saw a 101 plow for sale on Craigs List for parts and it had this on it. I only paid $200 for the whole plow. Saw one of these on E-Bay for $800. Must be a steal.
I think the average going price is 600-700 dollars. Just depends where it is located. Buy new today and you will be about $1800 less in your pocket.
hugs, Brandi

/ Another Ford 101 Back In Service... #9  
I got myself in a painting bind towards the end due to being really tired. I would paint the tops of the mould boards black and find paint drips on the backside on the blue. Then paint over the blue on the backside and find blue drips on the front! :) All in all it doesn't matter as the first time I plow I expect to see a lot of shiny mirror like metal. Just wanted to keep the rust off as long as possible. As far as the concrete goes....I've slopped around in mud since I was a child and like at least one place one the property clean enough to work on comfortably. After a tractor a farmer's best friend is concrete and a high pressure washer !!!
PS- Only disappointment with this plow is that the Coulters have no grease fittings. Don't know if they are original or replacements but next Winter I plan to drill, tap and thread them for grease fittings. I can't imagine why someone would produce Coulters that cannot be lubed.....

Heck that doesn't look like a shop.:) It looks like a museum.;) The shop concrete floor in the barn has paint on it and mud here and there. :eek:
hugs, Brandi