Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer?

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #1  

woodskiff

Bronze Member
Tractor
2014 BX25DLB-1
20151101_113206.jpg Thank You!:)

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #2  
Looks like you have good geometry for the front rings.

The machine should come forward another 18" BTW.

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #3  
I added D-rings on my front brush guard and clevis hooks on the rear lift arms for tying down on the trailer. Here's a pic of the D-rings on my LS and rear clevis hooks on my Mahindra. Makes it easy to secure to the trailer without scratching the frame. Also use a twisted clevis on the draw bar on the LS.

Attachments

• DSCN1071 (Medium).jpg
    DSCN1071 (Medium).jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 608
  • DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 515
  • DSCN1401 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1401 (Medium).JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
   / Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #4  
You don't have many tie down points on your trailer.
I run a 10,000lb strap diagonally across the fel bucket.
I run a chain through the gray metal end of frame in front of the grill.
I run a 10,000lb strap across the backhoe swing pin, under the swing cylinder rod.
Put backhoe bucket on deck and run chain across the bucket.
I use ratchet binders and ratchet straps. Put excess strap under the strap that cross sharp points on fel bucket, and swing pin. This will keep your straps from flying all over the place.:2cents::cool2:

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #6  
I use a clevis on the drawbar. I use ratchet straps with built in axle sleeves for the front of the tractor.

Will

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #7  
These are what I use on my BX25 (not my tractor/trailer pictured). They work perfectly and probably took all of 5 minutes to install. They offer the perfect attachment points for a BX25D IMHO. I ordered a set of custom length straps and marked each one's position and have any excess strap permanently secured. Instant on and off with no untidy loose ends.

sxyHG6.jpg

n2Hl7m.jpg

TOCMT7.jpg

3CFy0O.jpg

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #8  
These are what I use on my BX25 (not my tractor/trailer pictured). They work perfectly and probably took all of 5 minutes to install. They offer the perfect attachment points for a BX25D IMHO. I ordered a set of custom length straps and marked each one's position and have any excess strap permanently secured. Instant on and off with no untidy loose ends.

sxyHG6.jpg

n2Hl7m.jpg

TOCMT7.jpg

3CFy0O.jpg

So what are they and where do we get them? That looks like a great set up.

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer? #9  
What are they? Um, front and rear tie downs for a Kubota BX25D. Check with Tony Ashwill ashwillindustries@gmail.com a really good guy. He was the original designer for the BX products sold by (defunct) Jari USA and has a number of BX accessories.

/ Any advice for chains/straps without hacking up my tractor or trailer?
Thank You All....I really appreciate the info and also your time to respond to my questions. Perfect advice!