Backhoe Any B26 owners who can take some measurements?

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #1  

jim_wilson

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3200 w/ BH77 & 12", 18" & 24" buckets, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660, Artillian Fork frame, Extreme 3pt rake, Concrete Mixer, MyTractorTools grapple adapter
I'm wondering if there are any B26 owners out there who might be able to help me out by taking some measurements from their BT820 backhoe.

First an explanation: I noticed that the BH77 backhoe that goes on the B3200, B3300SU, L3200 and L3800 - looked very similar to the BT820 backhoe that goes on the B26 tractor - and it's approximate measurements are very close to the same.

So I got to wondering if the quick attach bucket system that is on the BT820 - could be adapted to the BH77 backhoe.

Then I started doing some digging and found out that:

- the pin on buckets available for the BT820 are not the same part number as the same size buckets for the BH77. So for some reason (as yet unexplained) there is something different about the buckets, but -

I also found out that there are at least two parts that are shared between the BT820 and the BH77.

These are the "link bucket" - which is part# 7K523-41210 - or "D" on this picture I posted:

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/jdwil44/dimensionD-E-arms.jpg

The other part that is shared between the BT820 and the BH77 is are the two pieces that are on either side of the "link bucket" - these are called the "guide link" and they are different side to side.

the two part numbers are:

7K523-41110
7K523-41150

This is the part I called the pivot arm in this picture:
http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/jdwil44/dimensionC-pivotarm.jpg

The last pieces of information I need to make an educated guess that the piece from a BT820 that lets you use quick attach buckets - could be adapted onto a BH77 - are some measurements.

I tried to separate them out to make it easier to follow - and put a big letter on each for reference. The pics are taken were borrowed from pics posted by a fellow member here of his B26. They were the best ones I could find to illustrate the dimensions I want to compare.

Picture A: distance between the center points of the two pins on the actual quick attach - on the BH77 bucket it would be the two pins that attach the bucket to the dipperstick

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/jdwil44/DimAdistance_between-QApins.jpg

Picture B: distance between the upper mounting point of the thumb cylinder - or extension bar in the case of the BH77 - and the bucket pivot point on the dipperstick

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/jdwil44/QA-bucket-dimensionB.jpg

Picture D & E: I don't really need the "D" distance - I've already confirmed that the part is the same on the BH77 and the BT820 - but I do need the bucket pivot point and the extension arm pin on the dipperstick ( E ).

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/jdwil44/dimensionD-E-arms.jpg

Picture F: I couldn't find anything that was very clear - but basically what I need is the WIDTH of each of the pin points or maybe a better way to put it is the width of each of the components where they fit onto the dipperstick. If the dipperstick on the BH26 is for some reason wider than the dipperstick on the BH77 - then nothing will fit.

http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab247/jdwil44/imgF-width-dimensions.jpg

I'd take the chance and just go out and buy the quick coupler part - which is PN# 7K523-83110 - and is $185.00 according to the Messicks online parts catalog - but I would rather make an educated guess - rather than a wild stab in the dark - before trying it out to see if it will fit properly.

Seeing if the measurements match up between the BT820 and the BH77 would very helpful towards that end.

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #2  
Jim, I won't be around until Wed or thursday but intend to play with the backhoe, removing it and the bucket so could try to get you the measurements then. :)

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements?
Jim, I won't be around until Wed or thursday but intend to play with the backhoe, removing it and the bucket so could try to get you the measurements then. :)

Thanks Rhino!

That would be very helpful. If you look at the pics I posted - I think they were from you playing around in your backyard. I was looking for some pics of a BH77 or BT820 hoe and you had the best ones I could find.

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #4  
Jim, haven't been around until today. I will take measurements today after I clean her up, she has been digging in alot of muck:D. I will post what I came up with later tonight.:thumbsup:

Jim, haven't been around until today. I will take measurements today after I clean her up, she has been digging in alot of muck:D. I will post what I came up with later tonight.:thumbsup:

No problem. I'm going to be heading out on vacation next week - and I won't be getting my tractor (B3200 with BH77) until the week after. Once I actually have the tractor - I'm going to take a much closer look at this

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #6  
Jim, I believe I got all the measurements you requested. I will start with the width of the boom. There are two mounting points and both are the same width F=3.75". There are two different pins the quick removable pins with the bolts holding them in place and the pins (bushings) with grease fittings. The quick release pins all appear to be 1" and the ones with grease fittings measured 1 3/16".

Measurement "A" 7 1/2" possibly 7 9/16"

Measurement "B" 21 3/16"

Measurement "D" 9 7/8"

Measurement "E" 5 3/4" center to center or 4 3/4" from center of removable pin to top of exterior housing for bushing with grease fitting. This wasn't the easiest to measure so my disclaimer is it was my best guess.

If you need anything else or have questions regarding my measurements feel free to let me know.:D

Jim, I believe I got all the measurements you requested. I will start with the width of the boom. There are two mounting points and both are the same width F=3.75". There are two different pins the quick removable pins with the bolts holding them in place and the pins (bushings) with grease fittings. The quick release pins all appear to be 1" and the ones with grease fittings measured 1 3/16".

Measurement "A" 7 1/2" possibly 7 9/16"

Measurement "B" 21 3/16"

Measurement "D" 9 7/8"

Measurement "E" 5 3/4" center to center or 4 3/4" from center of removable pin to top of exterior housing for bushing with grease fitting. This wasn't the easiest to measure so my disclaimer is it was my best guess.

If you need anything else or have questions regarding my measurements feel free to let me know.:D

Thanks Rhino.

Unfortunately it's looking like the BT820 hoe on the B26 and BH77 hoe on the B and L series - have some similarities - and (unfortunately) - some differences. There's a couple of parts that are shared - but the geometry of the hoe mechanism on each tractor is slightly different - so I'm not sure that the QA piece from the BT820 - would work on the BH77 , because it would alter the geometry. Once I actually receive and get settled in with the B3200 - I may investigate making a quick attach setup for the hoe. But that's a more involved project than just swapping parts from the BT820.

I found the fly in the ointment that makes it a no go (at least without custom parts) - to use the BT820 quick attach on the BH77 hoe.

I ended up ordering the quick attach part that goes on the end of the hoe -from Messicks. I figured if I had the piece in hand I could try installing it and run it thru the range of motion and see how well it fits.

The UPS guy delivered it today - and it was apparent right after I took it out of the box what the problem was going to be: the pin at the end of the dipperstick, looks like it is a 1 1/8" pin on the BT820 - and it's a 1" on the BH77.

So the QA adapter is not going on the BH77 without some custom work. I would have to get spacers or something made to adapt the 1 1/8" hole in the adapter to the 1" pin on the BH77 hoe. Not impossible - but I don't have access to a lathe any more and I don't know anybody who does.

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #9  
Seems like you could maybe get by with a hardened bushing, no? How is the grease fitting set up? Anyway, plenty of places to buy bushings, I would think, if one would work. Might try McMaster Car (I like their on-line catalog) or Grainger, or just do a Google search for bushing vendors on-line.

/ Any B26 owners who can take some measurements? #10  
Jim,

If I read and understand - the quick adpater plate has 1 1/8" pins/mounting and the BH77 has 1". You should be able to get 1/16" bushings to insert into the 1 1/8" in the adapter plate to make them the same 1" pin as you have?

You would need to get the longer 1" Pins though too. Most heavy equipment outfits (like Chappells) will have a variety of pins and bushings..

Did I get this correct or am I missing something?

Carl

You could also have the BH77 drilled/milled to accept a 1 1/8" pin but this is a job!