any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ???

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
They don't even need to be a forward extension of the loader (wings, no base)
was thinking more of a snow funnel, that would make the clean-up easier, directling snow into the bucket rather than have it overflow the sides
I don't yet have a plow blade, but I have used the box blade in the past

I am 50 / 50 on ever buying a snowblower. I like having the FEL on there, and the rear snowblowers really haven't convinced me, ... ask me after the winter :)

cheers

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #2  
I have wings on my 60" blower on my BX2200 to make it a 70" blower. 5" on each side. Bolts on and off with wing nuts.

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ???
Thanks, do you have any photos of that ? Sounds like what I'm after

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #4  
I had wings on the v plow of my truck - same concept. They worked excellent - made plowing very efficient and very easy to direct the snow where you want it.
I think you will be happy if you do it.
I use a skid with a blower now; truck rusted out.....

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #5  
I had a 20hp, 2072 cub cadet garden tractor for 13 years and a very nice snow blower on the front of it. Also I had an asphalt driveway. In the spring and fall with slushy snow it would clog up. On the coldest days the auger shear pins would break. When the wind was wrong (most always) I took snow right in he face until I could turn the machine around. And I had to rebuild it twice as bearings and aluminum gear gave out. Oh yeah I forgot about the directional chute that would freeze up over night until enough vibration would free it up. In 2001 I bought my BX2200, using the back blade and bucket all has been so much easier just make sure you keep the piles far off the driveway you'll need the room come Feb/mar.
When I moved to a house with an 800' gravel driveway I bought a woods 52" 3pt hitch snow blower for the Kubota L3800. Same problems but worse with gravel. Sold that and back to bucket and back blade with 3 skids on the bucket to stop digging in.
With experience using the back blade I found myself getting better and better at using it. Enough so that my neighbor complemented me on how fast I could clear the driveway and his and my mail box out. When I found just the right top link setting for pulling and pushing things work very well for me.
Also they sit around for 9 months, put me down as a NO to snow blowers.

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #6  
They don't even need to be a forward extension of the loader (wings, no base)
was thinking more of a snow funnel, that would make the clean-up easier, directling snow into the bucket rather than have it overflow the sides
I don't yet have a plow blade, but I have used the box blade in the past

I am 50 / 50 on ever buying a snowblower. I like having the FEL on there, and the rear snowblowers really haven't convinced me, ... ask me after the winter :)

cheers
I have gotten by for years with just the bucket and rear blade, even with 2-3’ of snow. A blower would be nice, but I have other things I’d rather spend money on.

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #7  
My father made a pair of wings for one of his tractors from the ends of a 275 gallon oil barrel. They seemed to work well until he found a 7 foot snow bucket.

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #8  
If you have a quicktach a front blade works great. I have an 8 ft western that works much better than the bucket.

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #9  
I had a 1300 frt drive with 750 of it asphalt, 850 ft with open fields on both sides. Used a L2250 with frt loader and FORD 60 inch rear blower For over 30 years. Have a 100 ft drive now with a BX1880/frt loader I’m looking at a meteor 48 inch rear blower for it. No place to push if we get a lot of snow. I will need to remove, not just push it.

/ any bolt on loader "snow wings" for the front of the 4 ft FEL on a BX23S ??? #10  
I built extensions for a blade that I had,, back when,, I used 3/4" thick belting rubber,,
The hardest part was making holes in the rubber, a regular drill will not drill that thick rubber.
I found a drill powered gasket cutter set at HF,, that cut a plug out of the rubber, that looked like a 3/4" thick black color "Tums" antacid tablet,

When the rubber was bolted on with compound curves, I think the wing was approaching the strength of the steel blade,
That extension would bend at the very tip, but, the main part of the blade never bent.

a.jpgb.jpgc.jpg

That rubber becomes amazingly strong when curved, and more than double that strength when curved in two directions.
The nice thing is the rubber is easy to cut, and the bolt holes were easy to drill in the blade.

My neighbor has been using that tractor/blade for over 5 years (and that is after the years I used it)
He is so proud of it,