Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There?

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
I'm about ready to upgrade my remote watering capacity from 48 gal to an IBC tote at either 275 gal or 330 gal. The routine is that I fill water at my house and drive 4 miles to my property to water vegetables & vineyard. Last year this was a real pain with the small tank I have for my F150 pickup. These IBC tanks will weigh more than 2K lbs when full. I'm open to ideas but I'm thinking either a small trailer for the IBC tank or beefing my rear suspension to handle the extra weight. How do others get their liquid filled IBC totes around?

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #2  
Any updates?

Pictures?

I'm thinking of making a trailer to haul 2 to 3 totes with a ~2" pump.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #3  
7 year old thread.

Hauling totes with water in them can be very dangerous, particularly if the tote is not full. The sloshing of the water moves the center of gravity and the tote would want to move on the trailer. At 2000 lbs it must be secured properly.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #4  
Thanks. I did not wanna start a new post. Seems people get their panties all up in a bunch. They respond "Well, DID YOU SEARCH!!??". So when someone asks a question, they get attacked by the Search police.

Yet, when someone uses "search" and updates a post, regardless of age (could be 6 min or 600 years old)...

Anywho...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand where you are coming from. I had a tote in my HD, full it road fine. With less then 3/4, it would move the truck around when stopping.

The trailer I'm thinking of would have 2 to 3 totes. I figure it would be equal to having a ~700 Gallon tank, but with baffles.

Thanks

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #5  
Thanks. I did not wanna start a new post. Seems people get their panties all up in a bunch. They respond "Well, DID YOU SEARCH!!??". So when someone asks a question, they get attacked by the Search police.

Yet, when someone uses "search" and updates a post, regardless of age (could be 6 min or 600 years old)...

Don't worry about small stuff like that. Ask whatever you need to ask and don't worry about a self appointed forum cop.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #6  
pure life for living youtube channel covers there IBC tote hauling trailer a lot.

Upgrading Our $2/mo Gravity Fed Water System - YouTube

Simple 4x8 3500lb utility trailer. If you want to haul 2 your going to need to step up to a dual axle.

would be easy to haul on a landscape trailer with some chain run though the bottom steel pallet.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #7  
pure life for living youtube channel covers there IBC tote hauling trailer a lot.

Upgrading Our $2/mo Gravity Fed Water System - YouTube

Simple 4x8 3500lb utility trailer. If you want to haul 2 your going to need to step up to a dual axle.

would be easy to haul on a landscape trailer with some chain run though the bottom steel pallet.

I have a 4x7' trailer with a mobile home axle and 6000# springs and use with a 300 gallon tote. Works great. Two axles for two totes would make it road worthy, which mine is not so much.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #8  
I haul 2 totes on my 7k lb utility trailer, if you make one, make it wide enough to haul 2 side by side, I can almost do it on mine but not quite.

The 275gal is actually 300 gal when full, we fill ours off a metered fire hydrant.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #9  
I modified my Landpride SSQA forks to go on my 3PH so I could carry fully loaded 275 gallon IBC totes around. Haven't needed to yet though.

All I got.

/ Any IBC Tote Trailers Out There? #10  
I filled up my 275 gallon tote twice today to water my young apple and plum trees. I set the tote in the creek (gravel bottom) and use two 12V bilge pumps run off of the tractor battery, fills the tote in 15 minutes. Creek is about 10 inches deep at this spot so it works quite well. My FEL handles the tote full, no problem. I am thinking about switching to a 3 point setup so I can use a tractor without a FEL.