Any ideas what this is from?

/ Any ideas what this is from? #11  
   / Any ideas what this is from?
So, like I said it's at my mother house and my sister said there were no holes, but now she's not so sure, so I suspect you are all right that it's a whopper spigot for a barrel of something. If she can find it again (packing up to sell the house) she will send me a photo of the other end, and then we'll know for sure. Thanks for the replies.

/ Any ideas what this is from? #14  
I have 2 in my front window sill. It IS a spigot. Back in the day it was pounded into wood beer barrels and used to dispense the beverage. Now days, when you go into a tavern you will see a sign that says ### kinds of beer "on tap". The saying came from the old days of "tapping" the spigot into the barrel(keg).
My father was a home brew guru before home brew was a thing. He taught home brew classes at a local collage in the late 70's and was a maker/connoisseur for many years prior. Our dirt floor basement was always full of champagne bottles filled with his brew.
The taps I have now were part of his beer paraphernalia collection.

/ Any ideas what this is from? #15  
Couple of Pics.
Tap01.jpg

Tap02a.jpg

/ Any ideas what this is from? #16  
   / Any ideas what this is from? #18  
Moss I swear you must have posted 50,000 links.
My guess would be around 47440 as I write this. That's one less than his current total post count. ;)

He certainly is good at gleaning information on any topic.

/ Any ideas what this is from? #19  
What happens is I read something, it interests me (most things do), and I start looking up things to read about it. I try to learn something new every day. My friends and coworkers enjoy trivia games. We often play at lunch.