Any Luthiers on board?

/ Any Luthiers on board? #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I have a Rickenbacker electric, that I bought new. It is all original, with the original strap and case. The only thing I have been able to determine, is based on the serial number, is its year of manufacture.

How can I determine the model number and estimated value? Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

/ Any Luthiers on board? #2  
I'm sure you know but, the internet is full of sites that will help you ID your instrument. Some of the manufacturers can be helpful. Is Rickenbacker still around?

I know Martin and Ovation have owners groups, like TBN.

What year is it? Do you have a picture?

Always amazed me, USA still makes the best guitars in the world.....or so i'm told.

/ Any Luthiers on board? #3  
I would love to see a picture 2Lane. What year did you buy it?

/ Any Luthiers on board? #5  
Model 335? I looked it up, I know nothing about guitars but sites show value. $thousands though.

/ Any Luthiers on board? #6  
When I went to a Rickenbacker site they all seemed to be quite expensive. Regardless of model.

/ Any Luthiers on board? #7  
I own a custom built Bart Reiter 5 string banjo with mother of pearl inlays. He's my BIL but I still paid for it. Whole family is cheap. :p

/ Any Luthiers on board? #8  
I own a custom built Bart Reiter 5 string banjo with mother of pearl inlays. He's my BIL but I still paid for it. Whole family is cheap. :p
Momma don't allow no banjo pickin round here!

/ Any Luthiers on board? #9  
The model number appears to be part of the serial number for Rick's built in the 50's

Reverb is a selling site for musical instruments and gear. The price guide there should give a ballpark idea of value depending on the condition of the guitar.

/ Any Luthiers on board? #10  
I highly recommend The Gear Page - a guitar based board, full of folks that would love to see your Ric. Lot's of knowledge free for the asking.