Any snowmobile owners who own tractors?

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #1  

yelbike

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465
What the hey, why not start a snowmobile tread. Feel free to post pictures or whatever. My question for those in the know is: I'm I better off with a Polaris assault 800 2" or a skidoo back country 800 etec. I'd prefer a Polaris but I'm really concerned about the reliability of the engine.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #2  
Yep, 2 sleds, live about a half mile from the trail head
image.jpg

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #3  
We have two, both purchased used. A 2005 Yamaha Venture [2 up] and a 2007 Yamaha Phazer FX. The four stroke machines are heavier than the two strokes and have less top end, usually, but I wanted low maintenance and lower top speed was a Good Thing to keep my kids out of trouble.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #4  
I've got a couple Arctic Cats

I've had this one for awhile....an 02' ZL 550 ESR

I just picked this one up this month....I had been on the search for a Bearcat and this clean 00' Bearcat 440 came up and I grabbed it

I use them for hunting rabbits to haul me and my dogs to where they are at...generally areas like this

10003976_515453008571360_479362542__zpsb0debf14.jpg

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #5  
Yup, a Ski Doo dude.

Hope to get some riding tomorrow. :D

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #6  
My 2005 Polaris XC 800 SP
HPIM1234.JPG

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #7  
Yamahas. An Enticer that is thrashed beyond repair and was parted to fix up an Ovation that the boys drove till it dropped in the back field. Possibly either a weak fuel pump or crankcase seal failures. The Venture XL had the primary clutch smashed to bits by an over eager boy and a bearing puller. Instead of using the proper tool. It went a few miles with a replacement pulley but the engine is making knocking and rattling sounds. Either the replacement pulley has problems or the crankshaft is sprung from somebody tapping the end of it with a hammer to loosen the pulley.
I may wait until the kids move out then purchase a new long track touring Venture. With two sleds, one was in my garage being repaired as the boys beat the other freshly repaired sled to bits.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #8  
I had one in the early 80's. Really enjoyed it. However, it just doesn't snow here enough anymore to justify me having one. You'd have to trailer it up into Michigan or Wisconsin to really enjoy it. Last winter was an exception. Lots of snow for several months. It would have been fun.

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #9  
I don't know how you folks can stand driving those open station snowmobiles.... everyone knows that a cab'd one with A/C and heat is the only way to go.... [[[[[ :) ]]]]]

/ Any snowmobile owners who own tractors? #10  
I don't know how you folks can stand driving those open station snowmobiles.... everyone knows that a cab'd one with A/C and heat is the only way to go...
That's pretty funny....

Yep, 2 sleds, live about a half mile from the trail head/QUOTE]

Our place is right off an unmarked (but well known) trail that goes to the summit of Mt Sunapee and Lake Gunnison.