Any way to clean yellow seats?

/ Any way to clean yellow seats? #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
I made the mistake of replacing the seat on my 855 with a yellow one instead of the black it came with. It accumulates black mildew stains I can't get off. I can get some out with Fantastic but not all. Every time I clean it there are more stains I can't remove. I tried a little bleach on it yesterday and it did nothing.

/ Any way to clean yellow seats? #2  
I,ve used hand cleaner to clean up my John Deere yellow seat many times, and it cleaned up great. It was mainly just dust and dirt with a bit of grease. Not sure if it will remove mould or mildew, but might be worth a try if you have some around.

/ Any way to clean yellow seats? #3  
Commercial solution...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads

Old school solution...use white vinegar and baking soda; sprinkle molded area with baking soda and then cover with a generous amount of white vinegar; let sit for 4 hours then clean as usual; if the mold is heavy it may take two tries

/ Any way to clean yellow seats? #5  
I use Simple Green... no mold on my yellow seats.. but I don't live in FL either.. ;)
They are all yellow.. no stains... was a melt spot from a burning ember but have replaced that seat due to a crack.
Wish Deere would find a yellow cover that does not crack after 4-5 years.

/ Any way to clean yellow seats?
Commercial solution...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser pads

Old school solution...use white vinegar and baking soda; sprinkle molded area with baking soda and then cover with a generous amount of white vinegar; let sit for 4 hours then clean as usual; if the mold is heavy it may take two tries

Majic Eraser for the win. Those things are amazing. I had a couple of packs of generics from wally world. Had already scrubbed with Fantastic and also tried some bleach. The eraser pad just wiped 99 percent of the black spots right off.

Last edited: