Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #21  
Do you know if that was how they were all made? This spline doesn't look jerry rigged.
I wonder if they "salvaged" the splined hub from the original slip clutch and press fitted on the yoke, then cut slit on the side for the bolt to clamp everything down? That's what I would do if I had to make it work somehow though.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #22  
I have some gay friends, and yes they are just friends. It's a term they use that I find insulting. But maybe your unconscious inner self is revealing.

I have quite a few gay friends as well. I guarantee if you asked them they would say I treat them no different than anyone else. They are human beings like everyone else on the planet (many are exceptional humans at that).
I don't care what you find insulting. I dont care if you are gay, bisexual, cisgender, or anything else. I care that you care about tractors, a hobby I very much enjoy (as I am sure you do as well). You be whomever you want. I dont know you. You dont know the OP. I am sure you dont care what I find insulting either. That's fine we can actually live and post on a tractor forum with some degree of tolerance. These forums are not here to meet the delicate needs of your social justice endeavors.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #23  
I have a Howard about that vintage except the the gear box is two speed.
Dad bought it used over 55 years ago.

The history of Howard rotovators is interesting how he changed the ag community and built a worldwide company. Mechanical tillage ahead of its’ time. If there was a fault it is that he made them to last. A determent in our throw-away and make-it-cheap society today.

Don’t know if my gearbox input shaft is made like yours. Never had the need to take it apart…yet.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #24  
I wonder if they "salvaged" the splined hub from the original slip clutch and press fitted on the yoke, then cut slit on the side for the bolt to clamp everything down? That's what I would do if I had to make it work somehow though.
That's what I think. Once i saw the pic of the slip clutch it clicked what that spline looks like.. a clutch hub spline! 😂

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection
I wonder if they "salvaged" the splined hub from the original slip clutch and press fitted on the yoke,
Good question. I failed to post cleaned-up pics of the yoke. The Yoke was made in a factory. It's too polished and perfect to have been a DIY.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #27  
I have a Howard about that vintage except the the gear box is two speed.
Dad bought it used over 55 years ago.

The history of Howard rotovators is interesting how he changed the ag community and built a worldwide company. Mechanical tillage ahead of its’ time. If there was a fault it is that he made them to last. A determent in our throw-away and make-it-cheap society today.

Don’t know if my gearbox input shaft is made like yours. Never had the need to take it apart…yet.
That's all the truth and shoots down all the BS you read here, that chain drive is weak, gear drive is better, you have to go slow, you can't till Stoney ground, tillers won't go as deep as a plow ect... All that BS started when the wanna be farmers bought tinkertoy tillers and then they keep repeating the above when their tiller doesn't perform or last!

To their defense, I'm guessing they have never seen how a real tiller works, so as to compare it to the cheapo tillers sold today. Maybe those myths would go away if they did see how a quality tiller works when it's set up properly.

I always get a kick out of the guys that recommend big tillers on small tractors, like a 6 or 7 footer on a 30hp tractor. lol

SR

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #28  
Looks to me to be the input yoke for the tiller. Not something you would ordinarily remove except maybe to service the parts on the tiller side. The nut and bolt will secure the spline by compressing the yoke onto the spline and the large nut keeps the yoke from coming off and finally the roll pin locks the nut in place.

Just a guess though.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection
that chain drive is weak, gear drive is better, you have to go slow, you can't till Stoney ground, tillers won't go as deep as a plow ect...
gear vs chain might be a factor of how big the chain or gear is. I tilled virgin stony ground 47 HP HST and it did it, but I did have to keep it below 80 MPH.
My tiller can get nice and deep, but I think my 16" 2-bottom will go deeper though, in my soil, I don't see the up-side in it.
If I have to replace this one I'd start looking at Falc before I looked at frontier or woods etc.

Last edited:
   / Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #30  
Isn't that for the back half of a slip clutch? Or a yoke may bolt on there.