Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following....

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #1  

Wobblin-Goblin

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Massey Ferguson 4707
A. had both gooseneck and regular Reese hitch capability

B. Could mount skid steer fork tines when needed

After researching, I have not found anything like it and may have to start with the backing structure of pallet forks (not the fork tines themselves) and modify it to add the gooseneck and Reese hitches and make it so it mounts on a 3pt hitch instead of on a SSQA loader. This way, it will stay more or less permanently mounting on my 3pt hitch but I can tow any trailer in the yard (which I do frequently right now) and then put on forks if I need to lift and carry something on the back of the tractor, including a concrete counterweight that I made.

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #2  
I was thinking of my trailer mover... yes, can be done with a competent welder and some thought.

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #3  

Leave off the upper spear. Use the lower ones as forks. Like this one,

from here: 3 Point Trailer Mover - Bale Spear Questions / Suggestions
---------------------------
Or start with a trailer mover and add forks like these:

------------------------------

I've also seen a trailer mover with two additional receivers added on at the ends to make 2x2 square slip-in forks

Bruce

Last edited:
   / Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following....

Leave off the upper spear. Use the lower ones as forks. Like this one,

from here: 3 Point Trailer Mover - Bale Spear Questions / Suggestions
---------------------------
Or start with a trailer mover and add forks like these:

------------------------------

I've also seen a trailer mover with two additional receivers added on at the ends to make 2x2 square slip-in forks

Bruce
I watched that video and the idea intrigued me...but then researched the product and found the heaviest model only has a capacity of 1,700lbs. I need something that will lift my 2,500lb counterweight.

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #5  
   / Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #6  
That is why a lot of tractor owners "fabricate", if manufacturers don't make exactly what you want, you get something that solves at least two of the function issues and modify it to add the third (or more) functions...

Last edited:
   / Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #7  
A. had both gooseneck and regular Reese hitch capability

B. Could mount skid steer fork tines when needed

After researching, I have not found anything like it and may have to start with the backing structure of pallet forks (not the fork tines themselves) and modify it to add the gooseneck and Reese hitches and make it so it mounts on a 3pt hitch instead of on a SSQA loader. This way, it will stay more or less permanently mounting on my 3pt hitch but I can tow any trailer in the yard (which I do frequently right now) and then put on forks if I need to lift and carry something on the back of the tractor, including a concrete counterweight that I made.
In the early 2000s, there was such a product. The company is no longer in business here in the USA, they are from the EU and will no longer sell to the North American market due to liability issues. It takes just one dumb-ask to get injured to drive away a great product out of the market.

The same goes for the RELs. Rear End Loaders. These are either so hard to find or cost just as much as a slightly used tractor.

Titan offers this product. It's close, but not as robust to add the pallet forks.
1668876083183.png

Now, if there is room on the Titan product, you could mount the Heavy Hitch pallet forks too.

1668876474038.png

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #8  
Be careful on pin weight.

I have a Carbon 35 bumper pull toy hauler. 1,500lbs tongue weight with the toy in, 1,700 empty.

My L4060hstc will lift 1,700 on the loader barely, if you get the load very tight or under the SSQA. Lifting the tongue with my quick hitch & trailer mover creaks a lot.

The toy hauler pulls poorly & I should have gotten a 5th wheel. Most 5th wheels have 2-3k lbs of pin weight. An unloaded gooseneck is likely to weigh a fair bit less than a 5th wheel though.

Just be sure your machine can lift the appropriate weights. A quick hitch, teailer Moorer & 2" reciever move the weight back probably a foot or more. That drastically decreases your capacity.

Tractors are designed to tow from the drawbar not the 3pt. Especially with a gooseneck the hitch point is above the axle. If the trailer hangs, the tractor can easily drive out from under the hitch & roll. Towing with the 3pt isn't approved by the safety police. I have no problems shuffling trailers around the yard slowly with my 3pt. But wouldn't tow at any real speed, across rough ground or on a road unless I hitched to the drawbar. Just understand the risks & physics.

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #9  
I brainstormed this idea several years ago and gave up.

My idea was to modify my QH to accept SSQA attachments. Couldn't figure out how to do that without losing the QH capability that I use a LOT. I made a hitch adapter that can go on 3pt and/or my QH. But I still don't have fork capability.

I've got a set of SSQA forks. But couldn't figure out how to adapt them to fit my QH without losing the SSQA ability. 🥴

I built a SSQA tree puller. Then added 3pt capability to it. But it also won't fit my QH.

DSC07006.JPG

20160223_155242 (1280x720).jpg

/ Anybody ever see a 3pt attachment that did the following.... #10  
Hoping someone can chime in with a solution that fills both our needs!!!! :cool: