Anybody ever used a JD 953 wagon with brakes or even seen one ? Parts ?

/ Anybody ever used a JD 953 wagon with brakes or even seen one ? Parts ? #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
Looking through the parts book there optional brakes listed for various Deere wagons.
Anybody ever used a wagon with brakes or even seen one ?
I would like to install at least rear wheel brakes on my Father's 1947 vintage 953.
Anyone with wagon brake parts stashed somewhere ?

/ Anybody ever used a JD 953 wagon with brakes or even seen one ? Parts ? #2  
Have you considered installing new surge brake controller with brakes on your fathers wagon? I'll bet 6 hole drums will be difficult to locate!

/ Anybody ever used a JD 953 wagon with brakes or even seen one ? Parts ?
Beneix six bolt electric drum brakes on a 5-1/2" circle are common enough . The concern is spindle length and bearing diameter plus finding a place to bolt the backing plate to.

/ Anybody ever used a JD 953 wagon with brakes or even seen one ? Parts ? #4  
Maybe a trailer axle with brakes could be swapped in?

/ Anybody ever used a JD 953 wagon with brakes or even seen one ? Parts ?
Maybe a trailer axle with brakes could be swapped in?

I found some six bolt electric drums at Harbour Frieght . Have to investigate if the wheel bearing diameters and spacing are comparable. I had hoped to find the Deere drums so we could use the nifty looking 1955 and older bearing caps with the JD letters cast into them.