Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #31  
Anybody know what this thing is for?

Not sure and don't know but perhaps its missing some OEM parts and its a bracket and part of an on board greasing device or system ?
Just a guess .

Attachments

• img (1).jpg
    img (1).jpg
    128 KB · Views: 139
   / Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?
It's part of the auto bucket leveling system .....

I think you're right.

For the external benefit of the Internet searching for IH Hough H-80B Payloader information, the optional attachments where

1) Automatic bucket positioner.
2) Air cleaner Service gauge (my dump truck has one of those it a is a little vacuum float).
3) Back up alarm (I will put an on/off switch on that once I fix the wiring).
4) Cab and side enclosure assembly (are you effing nuts running one of these things open station, I mean I've seen them, but yeah, no).
5) Cab heater with side defrosters (I was told that works).
6) Cold Weather Starting (It has an aftermarket tank heater on a heater line, but nothing that I have seen preheating fuel or hydro oil).
7) Fenders.
8) Mirrors.
9) Logging kit (I wonder what that is?).
10) Low-level lighting kit (it looks like what the lower front-facing lights are in the photo in a prior post).
11) ROPS, with cab and side enclosure (The cab looks "mashable," I wonder what the ROPS looks like?).
12) Seat belt (safety first).
13) Tire inflation kit (well that'd be hella useful! Put that air-brake compressor to work. Go Army! I miss epically expensive junk like that on crappy utility vehicles).
14) Tachometer and optional gauges.
15) Turn signals (awe, you're going to run that little car over making a left turn, aren't you?).

Other fun facts from the brochure I found. The H-80B weighs 31,900 pounds plus whatever the tires weigh. Max lift is 30,121 pounds. Boom lift in 7.1 seconds, lowers in 5.0 seconds. The main hydro pump pumps 82 gallons per minute at 2,500 rpm at 2500 psi. (what, what?!) The steering pump is rated at 42 gallons per minute at 2,500 rpm and 2,000 PSI. and the relief is set at 2,500 PSI. The pair of boom lift cylinders are 6" bore with 42" of travel, the curl cylinder is 7" with 22" of travel and the pair of steering cylinders are 4" with 17" of travel. Breakout force is rated at 31,000 pounds.

Standard gauges are

Air pressure
Engine coolant temp
Engine oil pressure
Engine fuel pressure
Hour meter
Torque-convertor oil temperature
Voltmeter

The standard 24v alternator is rated at 65 amps.

Other fun things are from the owner's manual.

The "getting to know" your payloader cartoon.

49729563593_469b06fb67_k.jpg

The remember to service your payloader cartoon.

49730428397_3e4913eb14_k.jpg

And the advice on how to wreck every tree...

49729563958_84fd4686e1_k.jpg

This is as much fun as a new boat!

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #34  
Hello minesotaEric. If the 80 has the same brakes as the 90 then learn to drive without brakes. The local quarry had 2 x 90's and the brakes were crap. Parking was bucket down(park brakes just never worked), and stopping was slowing early to stop. One operator I worked with said they belonged on the quarry floor as in a log skid site situation they either fell in holes, or dug the next hole to fall in. He also said that Hough had a reputation for bad brakes.

Hello minesotaEric. If the 80 has the same brakes as the 90 then learn to drive without brakes. The local quarry had 2 x 90's and the brakes were crap. Parking was bucket down(park brakes just never worked), and stopping was slowing early to stop. One operator I worked with said they belonged on the quarry floor as in a log skid site situation they either fell in holes, or dug the next hole to fall in. He also said that Hough had a reputation for bad brakes.

You may be onto something because they all seem to be listed with bad brakes. Until I see a service manual, I don't know if the brakes are wet disk brakes or some kind of drum brake. Earlier this evening I ordered a Sunex 22-ton air jack, as well as a pair of 22-ton jack stands so I will have what I need to pick up an end and remove wheels to get at the hubs. On the other hand, I've read online that many of the braking problems are hydraulic issues and that these things tend to have wheel cylinders that fail. This may become a money pit issue, but I need brakes for my application. Regardless, it'll make good YouTube fodder.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #36  
MinnesotaEric, you may find that the brakes are dry disc type. They were nortorious for short life.
Good luck which ever way you go.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #37  
Brakes were a weak afterthought on most brands of wheel loaders of that era and earlier.

Today I chased the Hough Payloader home. Now comes the hard part: fixing it.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #39  
Fond memories for me Eric. I worked at my dad's garage in the late 70's early 80's and the construction company we serviced had a few Hough 60 and 70 models. My dad owned a 60 and used it to plow snow for the city for quite a few years. It always ran great with very little upkeep to the engine and trans. Brakes never worked for crap as I recall.

Fond memories for me Eric. I worked at my dad's garage in the late 70's early 80's and the construction company we serviced had a few Hough 60 and 70 models. My dad owned a 60 and used it to plow snow for the city for quite a few years. It always ran great with very little upkeep to the engine and trans. Brakes never worked for crap as I recall.

We've got a new medical provider moving into a big box store in a town near me and as soon as I know I have brakes, wiper, and a heater working in this thing, I'm calling their corporate office to bid on plowing over the winter as I've watched one contractor go from clapped out loader and skid loader to new loader and skid loader doing just the local Walmart lot and I want "in" on that action. Plus I've done commercial plowing in the past as well.

Anyway, now that the Hough has reached the Tinkerage, I've been looking it over while trying to find out stuff in the parts and service books. I was able to purchase a new diaphragm for the power cluster reservoir (the separate fluid reservoir that feeds both master cylinders, but Hough calls them "power clusters" LOL because they can) on eBay. I see the airhorn valve may need rebuilding or replacing. I'm trying to chase down two mystery airlines that have been terminated improperly. I notice that both front and rear wipers are air operated and I don't think either is hooked up.

What I did see is that this machine appears to be the final version of the H-80B model as it has disk brakes. Here is the right rear.

49795022587_938681a337_k.jpg

The disk spec is 11mm or 7/16" and both rear disks appear to be in good shape. The fronts are a little harder for me to get at. I need to get some cynder blocks to hold the bucket up off of the ground for better access to the front axle.

Here is the double caliper right front. I can see that at least the two bleeder screws on the bottom are sheered off and the disk looks heavily grooved. I wasn't able to get a wrench on it to check it because of clearance issues (I'm fat).

49795035777_3419742efb_k.jpg

I also see I've got a leak from somewhere in the primary or secondary pump area. It is so messy right now I cannot tell where any of it is coming from but getting the brakes working is my primary goal so all of the air leaks must get squared away before I can look at the hydraulic braking since the system is air over hydraulic for the brakes.

49794174628_42fcc8ea52_k.jpg

One other thing: This Hough has a what looks like a quick-release system for the bucket (the third function hoses are sitting there on the end of the loader), but the quick release is lacking any automated provision for pulling the bottom pins. Does anybody know what is going on here?

49794158653_784cbc9045_k.jpg

Thanks for any and all help or encouragement.