Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #41  
On the quick release, can you post a picture of the lower latches?

Aaron Z

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders?
On the quick release, can you post a picture of the lower latches?

Aaron Z

There aren't any latches on the bottom. The top pin-holes are open so that if the lower pins were removed, one could curl down and drop the bucket. Not like today's hydraulically controlled lower pins. Who knows, maybe this is what they did back in 1979. I don't know but I'd like to learn and find out.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #43  
Sorry, I meant latching pins, not latches.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #44  
I need to get some cynder blocks to hold the bucket up off of the ground for better access to the front axle.

Please don't use cinder blocks. Use wood cribbing, like 4x4 or 6x6. Cinder blocks are liable to crumble under that weight. I like having you around. :)

Cool machine!

Please don't use cinder blocks. Use wood cribbing, like 4x4 or 6x6. Cinder blocks are liable to crumble under that weight. I like having you around. :)

Cool machine!

Thank you for the advice! I have a similar thread over on the heavy equipment forums and there too a commentator nixed my cinder-block idea for the same reasons you're nixing the idea. Also, as soon as I told Mark, the guy frequently appearing in my videos and who is an ironworker by trade, he told me that we need cribbing to support that loader bucket because cinder-blocks would collapse and especially so if we're pick up either axle to service the calipers.

Anyway, I've exhausted the regular dealer for parts I already know I need so I'm about to call obscure parts people.

Last edited:
   / Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #46  
Thank you for the advice! I have a similar thread over on the heavy equipment forums and there too a commentator nixed my cinder-block idea for the same reasons you're nixing the idea. Also, as soon as I told Mark, the guy frequently appearing in my videos and who is an ironworker by trade, he told me that we need cribbing to support that loader bucket because cinder-blocks would collapse and especially so if we're pick up either axle to service the calipers.

Anyway, I've exhausted the regular dealer for parts I already know I need so I'm about to call obscure parts people. I'm trying to figure out what engine manual I need with a remanufactured Serial number of 467TM3U102621

You're welcome! Back before I was born (I'm 36), my father was cutting parts off a car with an oxy/acetylene torch. He was underneath the car, supported by cinder blocks. He still tells me this story and I get chills. Randomly, he started to feel really strange, like something bad was about to happen to him. He turned off the torch, and quickly slid out from under the car. Seconds later the cinder blocks collapsed and the car (with no wheels on it) was laying with it's frame on the ground. That story was told to me at a young age and I'll never forget that cinder blocks used as cribbing nearly ceased my existence before I was even a twinkle in his eye.

Keep digging for parts, there has to be some out there!

You're welcome! Back before I was born (I'm 36), my father was cutting parts off a car with an oxy/acetylene torch. He was underneath the car, supported by cinder blocks. He still tells me this story and I get chills. Randomly, he started to feel really strange, like something bad was about to happen to him. He turned off the torch, and quickly slid out from under the car. Seconds later the cinder blocks collapsed and the car (with no wheels on it) was laying with it's frame on the ground. That story was told to me at a young age and I'll never forget that cinder blocks used as cribbing nearly ceased my existence before I was even a twinkle in his eye.

Keep digging for parts, there has to be some out there!

Elsewhere a fellow told me at the 466 was the A version of the engine, 467, the B version, 468 the C model, and so on. As such, I ordered in a service manual covering the DT466B model and so I should have a complete set of manuals, minus the engine parts manual.

In other news, Thill Tractor came through for the throttle cable (which they can make for $250) and bleeder screws ($25 each). After calling all over to find an air horn valve, I finally called my local Fleet Pride, gave them the original part number for the air horn valve, and Fleet Pride quickly cross-referenced it all the way to the newest Bendix foot-operated airhorn valve for $52.00.

I also talked to ABC Caliper. They can rebuild my calipers as needed for $350 each. They have no rebuild kits available. Several places can rebuild my power clusters, but after talking to my local Fleet Pride, I think I'd let them take a look at them before sending the power clusters off on adventures in different states.

So now I'm waiting on bits to arrive so I can attempt to fix all the air leaks in the hopes the hydraulic side of the brakes isn't too roached. Stoked about the throttle cable as the existing cable is stiff enough were my lubing it may not bring it back and in order to lube the throttle cable I need to take it half off anyway, so I figure brand new is better—if for no other reason than new will be easier on my bum right knee.

I am having a hard time finding the stupid battery box latches, which I need three.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #48  
Engine serial number is stamped into a machined boss on the engine block just below the head gasket. IIRC it is just aft if the injection pump and will start with DT466, DT467 or whatever. 466(A) series shipped with the crankcase vent on the side of the block. B series and later or an A series with updated piston rings will have the crank vent in the more conventional valve cover location.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #49  
Neither the seller nor I know what the weird mystery thing is that is attached to the topside of the curl cylinder. The whatever-it-is appears to have two quick disconnect vacuum lines attached coming out the back of it facing the driver. Anybody know what this thing is for?

1. I don't know if this has been fully figured out yet
2. I thought it was something to do with leveling as well
3. My JCB loader/backhoe has something that looks similar that rides on the lift arm. There is a sensor in the rear of it. It's non working at this point but my understanding is it would signal to you when the bucket was parallel to the ground.

Since my sensor doesn't work.... I've learned by eyeball that when the rod is roughly one inch protruding from the rear, the bucket is level with the ground.

Since I can't see my leading edge of the bucket, it's nice to where where it is (approximately) in space.

/ Anybody know about International Pay Loaders? #50  

Cool machine!

AGREED!!!
No cinder blocks!!!