Anybody seen cracked front wheels?

/ Anybody seen cracked front wheels? #11  
Oh wow, I've never seen anything like that!

/ Anybody seen cracked front wheels? #12  
About five or six years back - I read a post, something like this one. So..... I went out with my biggest torque wrench and retorqued each and every lug nut. One at a time AND added Blue LocTite to each - prior to retorquing.

I've not had cracking or loose lug nuts on any of the wheels.

/ Anybody seen cracked front wheels? #13  
Repainted them in 2009. Fredricks paint that and fix a flat. Valve stem leak which fixed that. I lost 2 Lug Bolts over the Yrs.. Just a Standard size bolt with a lock nut took care of that. Wheel Bearing just last Yr.. 1 disintegrated.

Attachments

• Tractor.jpg
    Tractor.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 148

Attachments

• 000_0253.JPG
    000_0253.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
  • 000_0256.JPG
    000_0256.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
   / Anybody seen cracked front wheels? #14  
Ever bother to check the lug nut torque in them? I check all my nut torques at least twice a year. The do loosen up from use. Never had a cracked rim. If I dismount a rim and put it back on, I'll check the prevailing torque again after a few hours of operation and I always use a torque wrench, never the 'good and tight' method. Never an impact on the lug nuts either except when removing them. Why the lug nits and studs are fine thread. Fine thread requires on threadlocker.
Can you clarify?

/ Anybody seen cracked front wheels?
Repainted them in 2009. Fredricks paint that and fix a flat. Valve stem leak which fixed that. I lost 2 Lug Bolts over the Yrs.. Just a Standard size bolt with a lock nut took care of that. Wheel Bearing just last Yr.. 1 disintegrated.

Attachments

• Tractor.jpg
    Tractor.jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 148
The picture of the wheel with the cracks looks almost identical to my wheel. The cracks on my wheel are fewer and slightly shorter. So I'll watch 'em and if they grow they'll get welded. Maybe I'll avoid the rush and weld them before they grow.
Eric

/ Anybody seen cracked front wheels? #16  
I posted these here in 2009 but the photos are from earlier. The $20 wheel on the left is still in use with no additional cracks.
(I have a second like-new wheel to replace it when needed).

ym-oldfrontwheelsdetail-jpg.142294

This YM240 was apparently neglected after its first decade and parked with little use for several years, before I bought it in 2003. I spent a month fixing minor stuff such as replacing the warning lights panel before putting it in service.

It has been reliable ever since but it hasn't gotten any prettier. Well I was better looking 40 years ago too. :p

/ Anybody seen cracked front wheels? #17  
Found a better photo! (Expand it to see the additional cracks).

This is the inner side of the wheel shown above. Before the welds were ground down, no wonder the wheel didn't rotate true.

I ground it reasonably flat to mount a column, to make a grinder pedestal.

20170224rcrackedwheelgroundflat-jpg.604241

But then I decided to use it for a portable welding table instead.

img-20201129-wa0001rweldingtable-jpg.734941